Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Unlimiter 5GB for non eircom cuatomers?

Options
  • 21-11-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is the eMobile Unlimited 5GB plan available for 30 day simonly for non eircom customers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 swab

Bump

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

RangeR wrote: »
    Hi,

Is the eMobile Unlimited 5GB plan available for 30 day simonly for non eircom customers?

Thanks.
    Hi RangeR,

Unfortunately this plan is only available to existing Eircom customers.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi RangeR,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne, 

I was told that I would have to sign a twelve month contact on my eircom landline to avail of this offer, is that true?  If thats the case why is eMobile advertising 30 Day SIM only for 24.00 a month?  I have the screen shots from the site.  Is this down to advertising?

I have a basic landline from eircom which I could do without if I am honest having unlimited calls on my mobile. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

dublin daz wrote: »
    Hi Grainne, 

I was told that I would have to sign a twelve month contact on my eircom landline to avail of this offer, is that true?  If thats the case why is eMobile advertising 30 Day SIM only for 24.00 a month?  I have the screen shots from the site.  Is this down to advertising?

I have a basic landline from eircom which I could do without if I am honest having unlimited calls on my mobile. 
    If you want a phone, you sign a new term contract. If you don't want a phone, it's 30 days.

Hi Grainne, 

If you want a phone, you sign a new term contract. If you don't want a phone, it's 30 days.
    Are you speaking on behalf of eMobile as that is not what I was told as I outlined above, eMobile want to tie my landline into a contract as part of a SIM only 30 day 4G plan. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hi Grainne, 

Are you speaking on behalf of eMobile as that is not what I was told as I outlined above, eMobile want to tie my landline into a contract as part of a SIM only 30 day 4G plan. 
    I don't work or speak for eMobile. OK, I see their reasoning [I missed the landline contract extention]. That 24 EUR is a discounted [and bundle] price. Regular price, I believe, of the standalone 30 day unlimited [15GB] simonly is 32 EUR. You commit to 12 month contract for the lower price [admittedly only 5GB data too].

If you don't want the contract, go with the 32 EUR price for 30 day SIMONLY.

It's a pretty bad deal.

It is very misleading and confusing. However, a lot of the residential service providers force you to commit to a new contract if the bundle is increased. I don't believe there is a new contract for taking away from bundles.

OT but UPC are notorious for this.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi RangeR,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne, 

Hi dublin daz,

Yes that is correct. The reason why the plan is such a competitive price is because you would be linking the phone with your eircom account. You would have to extend your eircom account by 12 months in length.

Grainne

Hi Grainne, 

I don't work or speak for eMobile. OK, I see their reasoning [I missed the landline contract extention]. That 24 EUR is a discounted [and bundle] price. Regular price, I believe, of the standalone 30 day unlimited [15GB] simonly is 32 EUR. You commit to 12 month contract for the lower price [admittedly only 5GB data too].

If you don't want the contract, go with the 32 EUR price for 30 day SIMONLY.

It's a pretty bad deal.

It is very misleading and confusing. However, a lot of the residential service providers force you to commit to a new contract if the bundle is increased. I don't believe there is a new contract for taking away from bundles.

OT but UPC are notorious for this.
    Thanks for that.  The reason I was angry was I am on the 32 plan with eMobile and to get their 4G i would need to go onto that plan and as you say reduce my usage from 15GB unlimited to 5GB.  The 32 a month has no 4G.

I think the whole thing is a gimmick by eircom to entice people to say.  When I called up to cancel my landline I was asked was I leaving for SKY and I asked the lady why did she want to know.  The answer was - because they have more loyalty discounting discretion if you leave eircom for SKY.  In fact I am leaving for UPC as it happens but thats none of their business.

I agree, changing up or down a plan shouldn't mean a re-contract.  

Eircom have now lost my landline and mobile service as I am moving that to O2.

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi RangeR,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne, 

Hi dublin daz,

Yes that is correct. The reason why the plan is such a competitive price is because you would be linking the phone with your eircom account. You would have to extend your eircom account by 12 months in length.

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne, 

That should be clear on the site, I have no idea where to find this in written form (terms and conditions etc) but I am very grateful for your clarification.

I have cancelled my landline and mobile with eMobile as a result of this.  The landline was only for the alarm but was a handy 26.00 a month for eircom. 

I was never contacted by eircom nor did I need to contact them since first receiving service in 1992, but since I asked to cancel I was called three times by the win back team.

I asked the last person I spoke with to remove my information so I no longer receive unsolicited marketing calls and I hope this is followed up.  I believe the Data Protection Commissioner successfully prosecuted four telecom companies for cold calling and unsolicited marketing in the District Court recently.

I hope never to be a victim of this harassment and will report immediately any such harassment having put on notice certain companies. 

eircom the landline service has been excellent, albeit hardly used but thanks for that level of service and professionalism.

Darren 

Advertisement