Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City 24.11.2013

Options
  • 21-11-2013 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Thread for city match on Sunday

To be honest I can't see us getting anything from this regardless of what lineup we choose but this what i would go for . City's home record is excellent

Lloris
    Walker kaboul verts rose
    Lennon. Capoue sandro. lamela
    Paulinho
    Soldado

3-1 to city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

That's a good call and I'm sure he will set out to be very solid. I'm happy enough for lamela to not start as I can't see us having too much of the ball. Its going to be a frustrating day for soldado, I think.

Still, the AVB mentality should ensure we don't get rolled over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This is the start of a tough run where we'll really find out what shape we're in....

City away
    United home
    Fulham away
    Sunderland away
    Liverpool home
    Southampton away

In the middle of that we have two Europa Cup games. I really hope AVB takes a 'weak' team to Tromso next week.

Though it'd be good to start with a draw at away to City on Sunday.

Apparently David Silva is out. Kompany is out too.

Stay positive lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

City have been lethal at home, yet we have been miserly away , so this sets up an intriguing game throw in the strange results that seem to occur after the international break and sure you never know what could happen
    hoping for a 0-0 but expect to be beaten 2-0.
    COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

mickman wrote: »
    Thread for city match on Sunday

To be honest I can't see us getting anything from this regardless of what lineup we choose but this what i would go for . City's home record is excellent

Lloris
    Walker kaboul verts rose
    Lennon. Capoue sandro. lamela
    Paulinho
    Soldado

3-1 to city
    AVB won't drop Dawson or Townsend and Rose seems to have vanished,I think he will probably keep Capoue and Lamela for the EL game.I think we will get a draw.

Lloris
    Walker
    Dawson
    Chiriches
    Verts
    Sandro
    Paulinho
    Townsend
    Holtby
    Lennon
    Soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

My fear is that if City were to get an early goal, can you see us coming back at them and scoring ? Judging by our recent scoring record, no chance.

• Advertisement

Just thinking to myself, I think it's time to throw Lamela in. We are going to need something different going forward on Sunday, something which will trouble them at the back, and Lamela could be the man. I'd play him as one of the 2 'wide' men, probably in a 3 along with Soldado and Townsend. We need to be strong in the middle so Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho might all play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think that lamela has to play and from the start! He is the only player who might do something different for us

Any word on Rose ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yeay, yet another sunday game :P

yeay, yet another sunday game :P

its very good having the extra day after the international break. makes it easier on the lads that have to travel a long distance for sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I know, but I dislike sunday - everyone seems, lazier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well we know Eriksen is out, Townsend and Siggy are most likely going to start, so I reckon it'll be;

Lloris
    Walker - Vlad - Dawson - Verts
    ---- Sandro - Dembele ----
    Townsend - Paulinho - Siggy
    Soldado

I can't see it being any different. We're away from home where solidity and defensive organisation is key, so he won't try anything new like sticking Lamela on. If we're chasing a goal we might see him but I can't imagine he'll start. We might get Lennon on the left, where he is utterly useless but wouldn't it be mad if he did something really radical and stuck a left-footed winger on the left and a right-footed winger on the right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Not expecting anything from this one so any kind of result would be massive bonus. If Siggy plays would love to see him in the number 10 position.

Saw this horrible stat on another forum, how depressing
    Tottenham have the lowest goals per game ration in the top five European leagues and haven’t scored more than twice in any of their last 17 league games

Not at all, I'm not living in denial :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

From Arsebook

Spurs boss hints at formation change and return of Adebayor

Andre Villas-Boas has revealed that Tottenham have been practising in a 4-4-2 formation during the international break – and that Emmanuel Adebayor has a chance of starting against Manchester City on Sunday.
    Spurs have been playing in a 4-2-3-1 system since the start of the season but have scored just nine goals in their 11 Premier League games thus far.
    That has prompted some calls for Villas-Boas to be more ambitious and to play with two strikers – and he admits that is a possibility.
    “We’ve trained with 4-4-2 during this international break,” he said. “We played a game against a local team over here last Friday playing 4-4-2.
    “We can probably move to it in future, although I’m unsure if this is the right time, bearing in mind the fixtures that we have coming up against Manchester City and Manchester United.
    “We have been very consistent defensively and offensively in the 4-2-3-1 system – not in terms of goals but in terms of chances created. That’s probably our way through.
    “What did we work on in the friendly? Just the change of system basically. We tried a little bit with Soldado and Adebayor up front in a 4-4-2 shape.
    “We did it all of last season so it’s not something that we need to lose lots of time with. It comes naturally, the players know it, it’s also part of this country’s culture and I think when I would want to revert to that system I will.”
    Adebayor is yet to play a single minute for Spurs this season, and has only been on the bench on one occasion – away at FC Sheriff in the Europa League.
    However, Villas-Boas says the Togo international has an outside chance of being in the starting XI against his former club Manchester City at the Etihad on Sunday.
    “Alone or with another striker , Ade is a great player, so you don’t have to teach him a lot to behave in different systems,” said the head coach.
    “We have two performing strikers at the moment in Soldado and Defoe. Obviously Ade hasn’t had the chance to get back into the team yet, but I’m sure that whenever that happens he will perform as well as the other ones The three of them are competing extremely well in training.
    “Our likely approach is to go with one up front [at Man City]. It’s a decision that I have to take, which one I will choose. They are very near each other at the moment and it could be a possibility that even Ade could play that game. These are all decisions that we have to take.
    “We don’t have enough reasons at the moment not to trust Soldado and Defoe because they’ve been excellent, with great performances, goals and great goal tallies, so hopefully it’s a decision that’s best for the team and best for the strategy.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

That's positive to read. Though, as he points out, there's no hope in hell he will start with 442 against City or United.

That's positive to read. Though, as he points out, there's no hope in hell he will start with 442 against City or United.

United is at home so don't see why we can't play it then

He also said rose is out for 2-3 more weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Bad news re rose, I really think we have missed him. he's the key to our attacks on the left.

He seems to have changed his tune slightly about Ade so hopefully that's a sign that Ade is putting the required effort in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Yeah Ade must have been training hard but there ain't a chance he'll start Sunday, he'd be liable to sent off anyway..

A win in Manchester spurred us on last season and put all the AVB doubters fears to rest, hopefully lightning strikes twice;) fcukin hate Sunday kickoffs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

This is gonna be deadly..Im predicting another 3 -1 to us.. BELIEVE!

Is love to see something completely different, say 4-3-3 with Ade, Soldado and Lamela up front with the cover of both Sandro and Capoue, with Daws and Chiriches as cbs and Verts on left.

4-3-3 away from home ? do you want us to get thumped by 4 or 5 ?

city havent failed to score at home in the last 56 games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The good news for us is that Kompany and Silva are out so at least that gives us a better chance,they might be a bit dodgy at the back,surly we're good enough for a draw with our away record.

They've scored 15 goals in their last three home games and our defence has been rock solid this season, makes for a cagey game. 2-1 Spurs

Lamela starts

TEAM! Lloris. Walker Dawson Kaboul Verthongen. Sandro Paulinho. Lennon Holtby Lamela. Soldado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Lamela starts

TEAM! Lloris. Walker Dawson Kaboul Verthongen. Sandro Paulinho. Lennon Holtby Lamela. Soldado

Delighted with Lennon and lamela starting. Not so happy with holtby starting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im delighted with that team. Its a toss up between siggy and holtby.

Looking at the City team I only really fear yaya and aguero. We have a chanceof getting a result today

• Advertisement

Great to see Kaboul and Sandro as the backbone of the team, I just hope Lennon doesn't get stuck out on the left wing.

Spurs to win, Lamela to score anytime 14/1

COYS

Advertisement