Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City 24.11.2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Is Paulinho the Brazilian Jermaine Jenas?

Nah, JJ had a goal in him now and again .

Lets start a sweepstake, what date will Spurs score a goal again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is Paulinho the Brazilian Jermaine Jenas?

Being saying for a while that he's a dud. He went backwards twice in first half when in a great position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think us Spurs fans are naturally an optimistic bunch, and I'd put myself up there with the most optimistic of them...... But today I'm lost for words. There is nothing in today's performance that gives me hope.

I think us Spurs fans are naturally an optimistic bunch, and I'd put myself up there with the most optimistic of them...... But today I'm lost for words. There is nothing in today's performance that gives me hope.

I would say we are pessimistic haha, I never think we are going to win or finish in top 4 even when it looks in our hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Gotta love our away fans, "we'll sing when we're ****, we'll sing when we're ****, we're Tottenham Hotspur we'll sing when we're ****"

"We are Tottenham hotspurs we always find new ways of ****ing up our season and disappointing our fans" would be more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Hows the league title challenge coming along?

aramush wrote: »

I knew that ridiculous thread would come back to bite at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Its gonna happen. Any moment now.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I was called a muppet and a few other things a few weeks back because i question our tactics and how poor we were playing. Think i said arsenal would be 11-15pts ahead of us after the next 6-8 games and that includes hull and newcastle. I wss told to stop complaining as its our best ever start and we are gelling etc etc..

Id love to get some of those guys views now.

I really dont know how we change what is haspening right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

oppiuy wrote: »
    I was called a muppet and a few other things a few weeks back because i question our tactics and how poor we were playing. Think i said arsenal would be 11-15pts ahead of us after the next 6-8 games and that includes hull and newcastle. I wss told to stop complaining as its our best ever start and we are gelling etc etc..

Id love to get some of those guys views now.

I really dont know how we change what is haspening right now

We can change by dropping under performing players I.e holtby / paulinho and by also changing to 4-4-2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We'll probably beat Man Utd now :P

mickman wrote: »
    We can change by dropping under performing players I.e holtby / paulinho and by also changing to 4-4-2

Certainly 4-4-2 with Ade and Soldado/Defoe upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Paulhino came in for some harsh criticism today, plenty on hear were raving about him before the start of the season. Here are some quotes

"He is a small very skilfully player who can deliver that final pass and is only 24"

"very similar to Patrick Viera"

"to lose out on Pauline after all the talk...hope i wrong, looks a good player"

"we get this Paulinho chap I have to say that it will be one of the best starting midfields we've ever had"

"Much better off with Paulinho imo, he was the best player on the pitch in the Confed Final after Neymar"

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Paulhino came in for some harsh criticism today, plenty on hear were raving about him before the start of the season. Here are some quotes

"He is a small very skilfully player who can deliver that final pass and is only 24"

"very similar to Patrick Viera"

"to lose out on Pauline after all the talk...hope i wrong, looks a good player"

"we get this Paulinho chap I have to say that it will be one of the best starting midfields we've ever had"

"Much better off with Paulinho imo, he was the best player on the pitch in the Confed Final after Neymar"

yes your point being? He is playing poorly end of.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    yes your point being? He is playing poorly end of.

Give the guy a break, no one has been outstanding in midfield on a permanent basis. Lloris who's usual the biz messed up?

Haha, its alright lads, I probably would have been thinking about the title myself with the calibre of players ye signed this summer. Whats going wrong though?

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Give the guy a break, no one has been outstanding in midfield on a permanent basis. Lloris who's usual the biz messed up?

U can't blame lloris for all the goals. He is our best player

There was no fight. No passion or desire. Dembele when he came on actually showed a bit of aggression and got stuck in. AVB out. Thanks for taking it easy after 5-0 Man City. I was so delighted when they subbed Aguero and brought on a defender!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

From a pool fan. Oh the ironing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Good to see we have really pushed on since we gave harry the chop.

From a pool fan. Oh the ironing!!!

Never once suggested we'd challenge.

mickman wrote: »
    U can't blame lloris for all the goals. He is our best player

I'm not, he's been our best player. Clearly AVB still doesn't know his best stating eleven or even formation? I'm more worried about that, to have a side bedded down by now?

I stated ages ago that we have been playing horrendous, (bar 20 minutes here or there and in the opening Europa League games) were in a false position in the table. We've been lucky and fortunate. Explanation from others was a wins a win on to the next game.

This just goes to show that possession stats mean squat. I'm not angry over the result as it was coming sooner or later.

City didn't even have to shift gear, going forward there's no one better in this league. If they sort out there away form then they'll run away with it.

Very negative after today . We were obliterated , pure and simple . Never looked like scoring but had more possession yet again

It's clear that holtby isn't good enough so have to revert to 4-4-2 for next weekend

Paulinho to be dropped and bring in chirches as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The internet is great, I've found a positive from today's match....

http://www.talktottenham.com/2013/11/why-losing-6-0-was-a-good-thing-for-spurs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TalkTottenham+%28Talk+Tottenham%29

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Welcome back mid table obscurity. Oh how I've missed you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

2 points off 4th ...beat united next weekend and it will be all sunshine again. Please Avb change the system play 2 up front and never play holtby in a premier league game again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Said earlier City had scored 15 on their last three, it was always gonna be one way.

I said weeks ago that Paulinho should be rested/dropped. I much prefer Dembele's style of play and at least he's a settled EPL player. AVB took a big risk today playing Holtby, Lennon and Lamela up front and it backfired massively. Also playing Kaboul was a risk as he's clearly not fit and Dawson doesn't have the speed to be the covering centre half. Dawson was terrible today (maybe the kiss of death from Glenn Hoddle in the pre match jinxed him)..

City looked vulnerable at the back early on but we could have played for 3hrs and only one team would've scored.

AVB needs a rethink, back to 4-4-2 with Sandro / Dembele in the middle, Lennon & Lamela/Townsend on the wings and two strikers. United up next.

2 points off 4th ...beat united next weekend and it will be all sunshine again. Please Avb change the system play 2 up front and never play holtby in a premier league game again!

Man there are major problems with this team, its not as easy as winning next week and all is good again. When did we last score a goal from open play? bloody hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Sh*t happens. Beat United next week and we'll all be back on the bandwagon. Well, maybe not. I've been through so many ups and downs over the years that I know that anything can happen when you're a Spurs fan.

We could still finish top 4 (not beyond the realms of possibility) or we could finish bottom half. We have the makings of a good team, but we need to get them to gel and we need stability on the managerial side. Just saying...

Advertisement