Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City 24.11.2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

AVB needs a rethink, back to 4-4-2 with Sandro / Dembele in the middle, Lennon & Lamela/Townsend on the wings and two strikers. United up next.

He does need a rethink but can he see that? For a supposed modern coach he does seem set in his way and lacking a plan B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Man there are major problems with this team, its not as easy as winning next week and all is good again. When did we last score a goal from open play? bloody hell.

Our back four needs to be walker vert chiriches and rose ... Midfield needs to be Lennon Sandro dembele lamela...and most importantly play 2 up top..soldado and one of Ade / Defoe

Get rid of daws to qpr.. Found out again today...holtby not up to it .. Things aren't that bad yet..we just haven't started firing

Key is to change our system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

davycc wrote: »
    This is gonna be deadly..Im predicting another 3 -1 to us.. BELIEVE!

a bit wide of the mark:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Our back four needs to be walker vert chiriches and rose ... Midfield needs to be Lennon Sandro dembele lamela...and most importantly play 2 up top..soldado and one of Ade / Defoe

Get rid of daws to qpr.. Found out again today...holtby not up to it .. Things aren't that bad yet..we just haven't started firing

Key is to change our system.

Agree with the system change and we need Rose back so Vert can play centre back again. I do not understand why we did not purchase a back up LB or keep BAE.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

We have been playing **** football for the past year and a half. Gareth Bale last season carried us on his own and he papered over the cracks. I said it during our first pre season with AVB, that I was worried about our style of play when I saw the muck he was trying to play in America. We played better footbal under George Graham FFS. The system doesn't suit the players we have. We`re too predictable and slow with no penetration whatsoever. Any game we have won we have been lucky to win. AVB`s luck is running out i feel. Its the worst football that i`ve ever seen a Tottenham team playing. Theres not a chance of making the top 4 this year playing this way. We`ve gone seriously backwards since he took over.

• Advertisement

We`ve gone seriously backwards since he took over.

We got a record points total under his management last season FFS

Yeah but we were still crap. He is clueless. Stevie wonder can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Yeah but we were still crap. He is clueless. Stevie wonder can see it.

Your Stevie Wonder bit gave me a good laugh there.

I was lucky enough today as I was Babysitting and didn't get to see the match.

Cant wait to see MOTD later. The most optimistic I can think of is, after a beating like that it is surely back to the drawing board. A fcuck I am only sh1te talking I dunno wot to say. Oh ye just thought of it there, "its always darkest before the dawn"

Btw I am one of these optimistic one's someone was giving out about. Promising manager, team gelling, best start n all that.

Jesus Paulinio getting a lot of stick today, shur we all have bad days.

Come on the Spurs!

In fairness Bale won us a lot of those points on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    He does need a rethink but can he see that? For a supposed modern coach he does seem set in his way and lacking a plan B.

Very True. Just doesn't seem to want to change it at all, maybe today will force his hand.
    Agree with the system change and we need Rose back so Vert can play centre back again. I do not understand why we did not purchase a back up LB or keep BAE.

Yea badly lacking a left full, playing one of the best centre halves in the league at left back is a load of cock.

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Very True. Just doesn't seem to want to change it at all, maybe today will force his hand.

Yea badly lacking a left full, playing one of the best centre halves in the league at left back is a load of cock.

As bad as having a good left back on loan at QPR.

Big few weeks ahead for the club and for AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    As bad as having a good left back on loan at QPR.

Big few weeks ahead for the club and for AVB.

I suppose that's the managers call , he didn't fancy him, he's entitled to that, but yes I see what your saying, Naughton is poor back up, and that's why JV is out there.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I suppose that's the managers call , he didn't fancy him, he's entitled to that, but yes I see what your saying, Naughton is poor back up, and that's why JV is out there.

Certainly is his call but not having an adequete back up plan is poor management. Benny with one leg would be better than Naughton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think we still have the makings of a good team with the players we have but AVB will have to change his whole system to bring it out,somehow I can't see him doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

'Bring back Harry'

Some people are ****ing idiots.

irishmover wrote: »
    'Bring back Harry'

Some people are ****ing idiots.

Not saying I agree with that opinion, but please explain why these people are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Not saying I agree with that opinion, but please explain why these people are idiots.

You must have either a short memory or a selective one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I remember two fourth place finishes and some great football. So far avb has a fifth place and some truely dull football!
    Not that im looking for a harry return, but werent we meant to be serious contenders this season? Instead we are a laughing stock.

I have a memory of the best time I have had watching Tottenham Hotspur. Two top 4 finishes under him at the end of the day and plenty of highs to go with lows of course.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    I remember two fourth place finishes and some great football. So far avb has a fifth place and some truely dull football!
    Not that im looking for a harry return, but werent we meant to be serious contenders this season? Instead we are a laughing stock.

This the same Harry that was gonna get rid of bale to notts forest for 3m?...Harry was a a joke shop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Its the worst football that i`ve ever seen a Tottenham team playing.

obviously you've been around for only short while, as any one who has suffered season after season mediocrity will tell you it was alot worse for years. But anyone even mentioning Harry really is being ridiculous. AVB needs to be supported at the time when he needs support the most, which is now. Something has to change and I honestly think that getting the ball to Soldado more will help... Reverting to a 442 system could work, but Soldado did play in a 4231 system for two seasons in Spain and was banging in the chances.

obviously you've been around for only short while, as any one who has suffered season after season mediocrity will tell you it was alot worse for years.

True enough there were some bad times and I guess losing 6-0 to City can't compete with losing 6-0 to Sheffield United haha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Went to bed just as City scored the 3rd goal. Not surprised to see us lose by double that though, as we were awful. Imagine having players that could be as clinical as City do...it'd be nice. Instead we have a bunch of players who can't create goalscoring opportunities to save their lives. What the hell is the point of having 60% (or more) possession when we do nothing with it?

There's something seriously wrong when we look to Ade, someone many people recently wanted out, as being our saviour in a 4-4-2 role.

No chance in hell of us getting in the top 4 like this lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

This the same Harry that was gonna get rid of bale to notts forest for 3m?...Harry was a a joke shop...

Your right, getting champions league, beating ac milan in san siro, complete joke shop. Didnt avb sell bale?

It is glaringly obvious last year that without bale we were pants, and this year we either spent 100 mill on a selection of flops or we have a manager who cant get them into a system were they can win games. Im not asking for return of harry, but one thing is obvious on this forum, the dislike of harry clouded too many peoples opinions of how we were doing in the football side of things, now we have the exact contrast with peoples opinions of avb, under harry we went from relegation threatened to champs league the following season, yet avb inherits a top 4 squad, spends a fortune, plays awful football, gets mediocre results and everyone says give him time, its a new system, players need time to bed in etc etc.
    A bit of realism required, we are playing pants, we are not scoring goals and the manager doesnt seem to have a plan b. he has already pissed the fans off, lose 3 games between here and christmas and Levy will be giving him the bullet.

I said it when avb was appointed, i have seen nothing from his time in england that would make me think he would be a success, so far this season nothinh has changed. Bale saved us last year.

obviously you've been around for only short while, as any one who has suffered season after season mediocrity will tell you it was alot worse for years. But anyone even mentioning Harry really is being ridiculous. AVB needs to be supported at the time when he needs support the most, which is now. Something has to change and I honestly think that getting the ball to Soldado more will help... Reverting to a 442 system could work, but Soldado did play in a 4231 system for two seasons in Spain and was banging in the chances.

I'm supporting Tottenham for over 30 years. So i guess thats a short time in terms of the history of the club. But i know we are going nowhere with AVB in charge and thats nowhere. If your happy with the football we're playing you should support Stoke city. The football is muck For the past year and a half. Bill Nichloson will be turning in his grave

Joke shop???? haha and I was accused of having a short memory.

Joke shop???? haha and I was accused of having a short memory.

10 points clear of arsenal in feb/mar and Harry blew it...notions of the England job...he's found his level with QPR

10 points clear of arsenal in feb/mar and Harry blew it...notions of the England job...he's found his level with QPR

I believe we were 7 points ahead of them last March and blew it aswell, so not much improvement there. Anyway this is off topic as Harry returning is not even a slight chance haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

But up till then was Harry not loved at Spurs. I think he was.
    Looks like Jol will be looking for a job soon

• Advertisement

I used to look forward to watching Spurs play when Harry was the manager. I can barely tolerate the crap AVB has us playing. What more evidence do people need? Losing three nil at home to West Ham? Getting beaten by Newcastle when they have a terrible record in London? Barely getting past Hull at home in the League Cup?

AVB OUT!!!

Advertisement