Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to change my Cz 452 .22Lr to another .22LR

Options
  • 21-11-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    Thinking of upgrading my .22LR (christmas present to myself) . I will be trading in my Cz 452 and am looking at buying something new but still in a .22LR. I use it for a small bit of hunting and target.
    Looking for opinions on Cz 455 thumbhole or Browning T-Bolt or any other suggestions that i might have missed. No Interest in Ruger 10/22
    At present i am leaning towards the cz 455 but does anyone know is it expensive to get a moderator for it as it has a varmint barrel.

Thanks
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Regarding th mod I'd say its around the same price once it's threaded. I'd also presume the treading is the same money to get done to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Just looking at the price of a browning t_bolt and realise it's well out of price range unless the kids skip Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Thread on 455 thumbhole is 1/2" UNF so the same silencer will fit the standard and heavy barrel. If you have a parker hale it just so happens to be the same diameter as the barrel on the Varmint so looks very neat! you could go for one with a 16" barrel and it would look like a standard one with the mod attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

What about the Savage Mark II BTSV 22lr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭valerossi

pick yourself up a .17 and you'll never look back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Pretty much nothing in the line of .17hmr target shooting. A .22lr is better all around if the OP is still shooting targets as they mention.

I'd agree with Mezamo. The CZ 455 Thumbhole come pre-threaded in 1/22" unf and with a Parker hale or even SAK mod it's a tidy set up, and all for around 600 - 650. Scope will add another 200 including mounts, and for 800 you have a cracking set up for either style of shooting.

Second hand you can knock about 150 - 200 off that price.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Hi All,
    Thanks for the info and for the .17hmr advice. Will probably still stick with .22Lr as only want to go through a substitute license a new application for the .17hmr. Next thing to do is go somewhere local to have a feel of the thumbhole stock on the 455 and see if it feels as nice as it looks.
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

treat yourself to an anschutz 1417 with a 14 inch barrell...absolutely beautiful and accurate gun ....

philog wrote: »
    treat yourself to an anschutz 1417 with a 14 inch barrell...absolutely beautiful and accurate gun ....

What kind of money we talking?. and how come the barrel is so short

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

talking about 900 euro ...few around second hand id say...14 inch barrell is unbelievably handy ..even with a silencer...a pure class gun ..so well finished ..so silky and smooth to operate ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I have had plenty of 22s , 452 is one of the best - save yourself the money and disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Have to agree with Chiparus here.
    I think I know where your coming from, but unless you have issue with that particular rifle why bother.
    If your going to do some serious paper punching than maybe, but to be honest why don't you save the money its going to cost to change and up grade / customize your rifle with after market kits.
    For general all round use, reliability and accuracy you can't beat the CZ for the price and quality.

Thanks all, will carefully consider all options and very good point to holding on to my 452 ( and get a bit more practice with it)
    Thanks
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

another vote for the 1417 here - perfect package for fieldwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kells1

i originally went to the gunshop thinking i was going to buy a cz455 thumbhole but left with a 452 after holding both guns to the shoulder . twas. a hmr i was buying for doing a bit of foxing and vermin control. so i felt the lighter gun fitted me better. its a personal thing. go to the gunshop and hold one and see how u like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭franknrol

i recently traded this into mcbrides in athlone. its a 452 american 22lr with a 16'' threaded barrel. made in 2012. yo dave trigger kit fitted, 10 round mag. rear bedding pillar, in a boyds stock. it will shoot a raggy hole all day, not sure what money he,s looking though. photo.jpg

Advertisement