Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FRYDZ Guy, Checking In. Dublin Derbs-giving?

• 21-11-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Allo! Some folks from Twitter thought I should probably post here.

I'm Ria Culpa, a ref from Lehigh Valley (Pennsylvania, US) Rollergirls. I run "Eff Yeah Roller Derby Zebra" on tumblr. I will be in your fine country (i.e. Dublin) for a couple days next week with my fiancee (a fellow ref) and we were thinking maybe we could establish a get-together! Perhaps Thursday, the 28th?

It's American Thanksgiving, so, we were thinking of maybe hitting Guinness or Jameson (I know, I know, tourist traps, but still) during the day and then maybe hanging out afterwards?

What would be the likelihood of this being a thing? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

RiaCulpa. You sure about this?

As far as I can tell from Facebook the last ref that came over was sent home to his league a broken shell of himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

https://www.facebook.com/rayshref.ryan

Wants to get you drunk and take advantage of you. He said to drop him a line on FB
    (He's one of the Dublin Roller Derby refs, not a random person who wants to take advantage of you).

(Also, I posted this on the DRD social group to let the league know, both the Wednesday and Thursday are training nights for us so limited people will be available!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

I posted it on the DRD FB page earlier in the hope some of you might see it!
    Have a great time in Dublin RiaCulpa! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shikei

Oh god, I bet Shref's delighted with himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I shall endeavor to be there repping ECC! :D It will also be pay day and I will never in my whole life be so happy to see pay day. I shall be merry. There may be drink involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RiaCulpa

I shall endeavor to be there repping ECC! :D It will also be pay day and I will never in my whole life be so happy to see pay day. I shall be merry. There may be drink involved.

Yes. Alright! Sounds like a fun time! I will respond again when I'm in town. We want to hit both the Guinness and Jameson breweries that day before partying, if that's OK! (yeah, I know, silly Americans) you can reach me at Ria @ ria-dot-cc if you want to help me coordinate!!

I know a few more of the twitter Derbz are lurking here too. What can we suggest as a hangout?

I only really know the venues, Whelans/Workmans/Grand Social...Fibbers could be good depending on weather you like 'hard rock' or not? I know the Voodoo Lounge is popular with DRD but it's a fair bit out if I recall rightly...

If you want to try different beers I'd recommend either the Porterhouse in Temple Bar or Bull and Castle up by Christ Church.

TP Smiths is a pretty decent pub, Pygmallion is lovely but usually full of hipsters (Not sure about on a Thursday, I haven't been in forever). Sweeney Mongrel's on Dame St is good, often live music too, Foggy Dew in Temple Bar is decent...

binncheol wrote: »
    Pygmallion is lovely but usually full of hipsters (Not sure about on a Thursday, I haven't been in forever).

If it's hipsters with undercuts I'm there! Love me some undercuts :cool: :pac:

• Advertisement

If it's hipsters with undercuts I'm there! Love me some undercuts :cool: :pac:

The kind that make me feel too uncool to exist!

Oh man, so many choices! Looks like we're going to hit both Guinness and Jameson during the day. (I realize this is a normal business day for y'all.) Looks like we'll be free at 6, at least.

But! Afterwards.... I don't know which pub to choose! I'm the tourist here, so... Uh.. We're staying at the Ashling if that helps at all?

Edit: I was suggested to just "pick something" so... Since we love hipster-watching... Pygmallion sounds pretty awesome. (Or, if you pick something and tell us where/when, we will be there. And then we can go from there)

Alright, so. If this is still a thing we're doin'...

We'll be wandering all over your fair city today doing various things (the fiancee added a few things to the itinerary, it would seem), and so, we'll probably be free around 8:00pm. Plenty of time for revelry, I'd hope!

So... We'll meet you all at the Pyg at 20:00? I'll be wearing a Lehigh Valley Rollergirls shirt, and the fiancee will be wearing the purple of Rose City. Just so you can find us! :)

I'm excited!

Yup I'll see you both there for a round or two at least.

I've just realised...I'm all in black! Stealthy. :cool:

Advertisement