Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre Contract

Options
  • 21-11-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi There

I had terrible trouble with Eircom previously, well more so regarding your dor to door sales people who promised the heavnes which turned out to be absolute bulls*&T

Thus my waryness about signing anything with an Eircom name on it.

HOWEVER, fibre is an option now.

My problem/dillemma is that another sales person knocked my door trying to sell another contract. Once again, he stated that this will be for:

-50 Mb/s (up to) for UNLIMITED download
    -€30 INCLUDING VAT AND LINERENTAL for 3 months and €40 INCLUDING VAT AND LINERENTAL after 3 months.

Common sense screamed at me to slam the door but for some reason I could not. He was actually polite :)

Now I could not find this on your site, anywhere.

Can someone confirm if this is another one trying to get a signature?
    Would love something in writing that can back his offer as this might be worth it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eenoog11 wrote: »
    Hi There

I had terrible trouble with Eircom previously, well more so regarding your dor to door sales people who promised the heavnes which turned out to be absolute bulls*&T

My problem/dillemma is that another sales person knocked my door trying to sell another contract. Once again, he stated that this will be for:

-€30 INCLUDING VAT AND LINERENTAL for 3 months and €40 INCLUDING VAT AND LINERENTAL after 3 months.

Common sense screamed at me to slam the door but for some reason I could not. He was actually polite :)

Would love something in writing that can back his offer as this might be worth it.

Hi Eenoog11

I am not aware of this pricing which was offered to you, this does not exist for customers who order online or by contacting sales on 1800503303.

Each different channel can have a number of different promotions however I would strongly advise requesting this quote in writing from the Representative whom you were speaking to if you do decide to sign up to this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

I had a similar experience with an eircom salesman a few years ago. Ended up with many threatening letters from eircom's solicitors and a demand for almost a thousand euros of cancellation fees.
    They simply wouldn't believe me that the salesman had offered me something different to what I actually got.
    Turned me off eircom for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

I had a similar experience with an eircom salesman a few years ago. Ended up with many threatening letters from eircom's solicitors and a demand for almost a thousand euros of cancellation fees.
    They simply wouldn't believe me that the salesman had offered me something different to what I actually got.
    Turned me off eircom for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Eenoog11

Hi There

Hi Eenoog11

I am not aware of this pricing which was offered to you, this does not exist for customers who order online or by contacting sales on 1800503303.

Each different channel can have a number of different promotions however I would strongly advise requesting this quote in writing from the Representative whom you were speaking to if you do decide to sign up to this.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al

He will be calling by again so I will ask for it as recommended.

My worry however, still remains as to whether his document in writing will suffice.
    Anyone can promise you the moon and the sun in writing, however your head office could once more simply turn around and say this will not suffice.

I will get back to you once this has been obtained.

Kind regards,

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi There

Hi Eenoog11

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al

He will be calling by again so I will ask for it as recommended.

My worry however, still remains as to whether his document in writing will suffice.
    Anyone can promise you the moon and the sun in writing, however your head office could once more simply turn around and say this will not suffice.

I will get back to you once this has been obtained.

Kind regards,

Neil
    Hi Eenoog11

No worries,

Just make sure you get his full name and number and ask him to sign it.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement