Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for chestnuts/acorns/fir cones.

Options
  • 21-11-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello
    We are new in Dublin and I would like to do some handicraft with my little daughter. I am looking for some acorns, chestnuts, or fir cones. Does anybody knows, where to find some? Here around Fairview Park there are just maples...

Thx,
    Diana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Monne wrote: »
    Hello
    We are new in Dublin and I would like to do some handicraft with my little daughter. I am looking for some acorns, chestnuts, or fir cones. Does anybody knows, where to find some? Here around Fairview Park there are just maples...

Thx,
    Diana
    Phoenix park I suppose but you a bit late for chestnuts. Have a look for old mans beard or holly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If you are in Fairview, then you could also try St. Annes park in Raheny (roughly 10 mins on the bus), or a little further out is Malahide Castle, but not far (roughly 15-20 minutes on the bus)

If you'r driving take about 5 minutes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ambiguous thread title.

Thought it was going to be akin to those blond kids taken from the Roma couples. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I thought this was a book title by Jimmy Saville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread title changed. Lets get back on topic now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Monne

I am sorry! As you probably imagine, I am no native speaker. I just tried to translate the word into english. I meant "to do handicraft"....
    my cheeks are getting flushed right now... How embarrasing!

Thanks for the hints!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Allyall wrote: »
    If you are in Fairview, then you could also try St. Annes park in Raheny (roughly 10 mins on the bus), or a little further out is Malahide Castle, but not far (roughly 15-20 minutes on the bus)

If you'r driving take about 5 minutes off.

I have to agree with that yeah, there's a particularly good area for horse chestnuts, if you get the 29A bus and ask the driver to let you off at the stop before Costcutters in saint annes, you'll be right beside a long line of chestnut trees - you cant miss them, they dwarf everything around them. Take a stroll down through those and you'll come across a load of oaks and pines too, that should suit your needs. Also, just be aware that there are no lights inside saint annes park, so you'll have to do your nature walk during the daytime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

St Annes for definite! Cant get more precise than degrassinoel's directions

Advertisement