Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless 360 Receiver Problem

Options
  • 21-11-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand with this wireless 360 receiver that's been giving me troubling. As you might have already guessed, the receiver is one of the "knock off"" ones, as Microsoft doesn't sell them individually. I just can't seem to get it to register properly at all. I'm aware this is a recurring problem and that there are many fixes...but I just can't seem to get any of them working.
    I tried the most popular method...

Download the and install the Xbox 360 Accessories Software.

Open the Device Manager:
    Windows 8: Right click the Start corner or press ⊞ Win+X, choose Device Manager.
    Vista and 7: Open the Start menu, type devmgmt.msc press ↵ Enter.
    Right click on the Unidentified Device and choose Properties.
    On the Driver tab click Update driver.
    Click Browse my computer for driver software.
    Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    Choose Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class.
    Choose Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]
    If a warning appears, choose Yes.
    The wireless controller can now be connected by holding the central Guide button until it starts flashing.

...and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. After following every step the "unidentified device" does in fact change to "Xbox 360 controller for windows"
    but as soon as I press the guide button it just keeps flashing. I've simultaneously held down the sync button on the controller and the receiver, yet nothing. I even tried a separate wireless controller and that didn't work either.

My first thought was that maybe the wired 360 controller I have is somehow interfering with the wireless one? but that can't be right can it?

Advertisement