Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spa breaks

Options
  • 21-11-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Last minute thing but I'm looking for a place to bring the girlfriend for her birthday, a one night stay in a hotel and a good spa, along with a not so expensive price would be perfect (what's the difference between hotel spa, resort spa and destination spa actually?!)

Anyone have any recommendations??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Whiteflag12

Seafield in Gorey Wexford has a fab spa and pool, I'm sure she'd be well impressed. Lucky girl! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Looks class, went into each of the spa packages though and they all say Monday-Thursday?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Whiteflag12

Give them a ring, you'll definitely get a good deal. If you mention it's for a birthday they might upgrade your room!

The lyrath in Kilkenny is also well worth checking out. Even if you don't go to the spa the hotel is lovely, the staff are brilliant! Might be a bit pricier but they usually do dinner in the package so it works out fairly alright price wise. If you do go there check out the Thai restaurant it's yummy! They will really look after you

• Registered Users Posts: 37 navandiver

The Summerhill House Hotel in Enniskerry do overnight spa packages including a 3 course dinner! Very easy to deal with and not too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Recently stayed in Knightsbrook in Trim - it was gorgeous - paid €135 for one night B&B, 3 course meal and a mini treatment - and booked treatments around it!

Very good value, and wonderful staff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I stayed at Seafield, it was stunning! There's so much in the spa without booking treatments with all the stream rooms, pools, outdoor hot tub etc. Me and the OH then did a couples mud treatment which was a bit gas, covered head to toe! Food was excellent.

I've been to Whites of Wexford with the girls twice before and it is very nice. The rooms aren't as fancy as Seafield, but we never had any compliance. The spa area is small but the treatments were lovely. We didn't eat in the hotel apart from breakfast, and went into the town for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

hi,
    basically have same question as OP.
    Looking to book a spa somewhere for herself s birthday, not too far from Dublin. I hear Seafield is nice, can anyone confirm this that has been there?are spa and pool nice?
    any other suggestions are welcome
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

hi,
    basically have same question as OP.
    Looking to book a spa somewhere for herself s birthday, not too far from Dublin. I hear Seafield is nice, can anyone confirm this that has been there?are spa and pool nice?
    any other suggestions are welcome
    thanks

Can't recommend Monart in enniscorthy enough. Amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I was in the Seafield in June and we both loved it so much. Really classy spa. Heading to Farnham next month which is meant to have a great spa too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The Raddison Farnham Estate in Cavan is well worth a visit - we went there for our wedding anniversary a few years ago. The hotel, spa and food is fantastic! Bring outdoor gear as there are some lovely walks around the grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Monart. You'll be levitating around as soon as you get in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

Another vote for Monart! Have my third trip booked for next month. Love the fact that it's adults only too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Monart is great but it certainly doesnt meet the OP's "not so expensive" requirement.

Seafield is definitely more reasonably priced and still has a lovely spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

The Farnham Estate in Cavan would get my vote. Absolutely stunning. No kids are allowed in the pool/spa area so therefore very few families around.

OP check out mydealpage.ie for great offers, a lot of excellent hotels are regularly on there including the Farnham.

Sometimes they will offer their 'midweek' breaks at the weekend if they're not busy, just ring or email the hotel directly. I find email better.
    And definitely mention it's a special occasion, a lot of hotels will leave a bottle of wine in the room or even upgrade to a suite during quiet periods.

I've also heard the Powerscourt is incredible, but it also has incredible prices haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

Monart is great but it certainly doesnt meet the OP's "not so expensive" requirement.
    I was responding to the 2016 query and they didn't specify "not so expensive" ;)

And in my experience you can get some good deals in Monart if you are flexible in your dates.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Deals for Seafield are a bit crap. I'd only go there again for the huge bowl of chicken wings. An overnight in Monart without a deal works out the same price as seafield. You get a treatment included in monart, nothing free in the other. Monart don't have an outdoor tub, but the facilities and ambience of the place is much more appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

The lyrath in kilkenny is fabulous. There's always a deal or an offer going. It's just gorgeous and tranquil and the staff can't do enough for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Anyone been to knockranny in Westport?
    Can they recommend for relaxing spa and pool for 2 nights stay ?

Advertisement