Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Customer Service from Blanchardstown eMobile branch

Options
  • 21-11-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Based on the terrible service I’ve received from eircom and in particular from the emobile shop in Blanchardstown I’m considering leaving eircom for UPC. Just wondering if the mods on here can take any action that will convince me that eircom takes customer service seriously. I’ve already sent an email to ccm@eircom.ie a few days ago but there has been no response.

On Saturday the 9th of November, I signed up for Unlimited eFibre, eVision and two phones onto Sim only plans. I was told that the eFibre could be installed on the following Friday (15/11/13) afternoon and I agreed to this appointment. I had to take a half day off work so that I’d be around for this installation.

On Friday I phoned eircom to ensure the installation was still going ahead. The contract we received from the emobile shop had no order ID or Account Number and therefore the customer service reps could not track our order. I then decided to ring the Blanchardstown emobile branch to enquire about the installation. After a number of attempts I got through to an employee in the branch.  She said that there had been a number of incidences where the eircom helpdesk could not find the order but that installation should still be going ahead. She also said that the store’s manager, who sold us the package, would ring me back in 15 minutes. I never received the call back and I rang several times throughout the day. Each time I phoned back I was told that there was no problem and that the manager was sorting things out for the installation and that he would ring back. However I never received a call back from the manager.

Around 5pm I rang eMobile customer service as I signed up for two SIM only plans at the same time. The customer service rep checked my emobile account and was able to confirm that the order for eFibre & eVision did not go through to the system. Therefore the installation could not possibly happen that day and that Blanchardstown branch would have known this was the case.

That evening I decided to take a visit to the Blanchardstown store as I didn’t believe that I’d ever receive a phone call from the manager. When I arrived I asked the shop assistant for the manager, the shop assistant went to back-room to get the manager. When the shop assistant came back he told us that the manager was on lunch and that he wouldn’t be back from lunch for another hour. I couldn’t afford to wait for the manager and therefore I told the shop assistant that the order did not go through and how I received absolutely no communication from the branch that this was the case despite phoning the shop many times. The shop assistant then apologised for the experience I received and said that their system was down so could not help us any further on that day.

I understand that mistakes can happen and my major gripe is not the fact that the order didn’t go through the system correctly. My major gripe is based on the terrible service I received. I would expect that any reputable service provider would notify the customer of an error in the process as soon as possible. Not only did the eMobile employees not notify me that the order did not go through but they claimed that there was “no problem” and that the installation would happen. I had to take a half day off work for the installation, that whole day was frustratingly spent trying to contact eMobile. With each attempt I was fed misinformation and fobbed off. The experience made me feel that this eMobile branch are happy to engage with customers up until the moment they sign the contract and then will happily ignore customers afterwards. This is placing serious doubts over whether I want to continue using eircom as our service provider for broadband, television and mobiles. I believe that any contract signed to now be null and void as no service was provided. However I do understand that once-off incidences can happen and therefore if I am assured that corrective action is being taken and that eircom takes customer service seriously then we’ll consider staying with eircom. Otherwise I will most certainly move to UPC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jd1983 wrote: »
    Based on the terrible service I’ve received from eircom and in particular from the emobile shop in Blanchardstown I’m considering leaving eircom for UPC. Just wondering if the mods on here can take any action that will convince me that eircom takes customer service seriously. I’ve already sent an email to ccm@eircom.ie a few days ago but there has been no response.

On Saturday the 9th of November, I signed up for Unlimited eFibre, eVision and two phones onto Sim only plans. I was told that the eFibre could be installed on the following Friday (15/11/13) afternoon and I agreed to this appointment. I had to take a half day off work so that I’d be around for this installation.

On Friday I phoned eircom to ensure the installation was still going ahead. The contract we received from the emobile shop had no order ID or Account Number and therefore the customer service reps could not track our order. I then decided to ring the Blanchardstown emobile branch to enquire about the installation. After a number of attempts I got through to an employee in the branch.  She said that there had been a number of incidences where the eircom helpdesk could not find the order but that installation should still be going ahead. She also said that the store’s manager, who sold us the package, would ring me back in 15 minutes. I never received the call back and I rang several times throughout the day. Each time I phoned back I was told that there was no problem and that the manager was sorting things out for the installation and that he would ring back. However I never received a call back from the manager.

Around 5pm I rang eMobile customer service as I signed up for two SIM only plans at the same time. The customer service rep checked my emobile account and was able to confirm that the order for eFibre & eVision did not go through to the system. Therefore the installation could not possibly happen that day and that Blanchardstown branch would have known this was the case.

That evening I decided to take a visit to the Blanchardstown store as I didn’t believe that I’d ever receive a phone call from the manager. When I arrived I asked the shop assistant for the manager, the shop assistant went to back-room to get the manager. When the shop assistant came back he told us that the manager was on lunch and that he wouldn’t be back from lunch for another hour. I couldn’t afford to wait for the manager and therefore I told the shop assistant that the order did not go through and how I received absolutely no communication from the branch that this was the case despite phoning the shop many times. The shop assistant then apologised for the experience I received and said that their system was down so could not help us any further on that day.

I understand that mistakes can happen and my major gripe is not the fact that the order didn’t go through the system correctly. My major gripe is based on the terrible service I received. I would expect that any reputable service provider would notify the customer of an error in the process as soon as possible. Not only did the eMobile employees not notify me that the order did not go through but they claimed that there was “no problem” and that the installation would happen. I had to take a half day off work for the installation, that whole day was frustratingly spent trying to contact eMobile. With each attempt I was fed misinformation and fobbed off. The experience made me feel that this eMobile branch are happy to engage with customers up until the moment they sign the contract and then will happily ignore customers afterwards. This is placing serious doubts over whether I want to continue using eircom as our service provider for broadband, television and mobiles. I believe that any contract signed to now be null and void as no service was provided. However I do understand that once-off incidences can happen and therefore if I am assured that corrective action is being taken and that eircom takes customer service seriously then we’ll consider staying with eircom. Otherwise I will most certainly move to UPC.
    Hi jd1983

Can you send us a PM with your name, address and mobile number and we can look into this for you.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jd1983

Hi jd1983

Can you send us a PM with your name, address and mobile number and we can look into this for you.

Mark

Hi Mark, i don't want to be personal but you haven't answered any my questions or concerns. You responded saying that our broadband service was installed when clearly it hasn't been installed.
    Since my post above, we've been given two more installation dates that haven't been fulfilled. I can only conclude that eircom doesn't give a squat about customer service. An utter disgrace of a company. I intend to make my feelings very public on this matter.

Advertisement