Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celebrity Endorsed Perfume

• 21-11-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

While in Boots today, I took a chance and bought Beckham woman - it's lush! Am really impressed. I don't mind to sound condescending, but for €15, and celebrity-endorsed, I wasn't expecting much! (Eating my words):D

Any other perfumes that could be recommended? Thanks;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Im not a huge fan of supporting celebrities,but i did buy one a week ago in superdrug,it was on offer for 20 euro for 100 ml - its britney spears curious and i love the smell it is a mixture of vanilla and roses,just a beautiful scent,and its light but its a scent that lasts all day,and you dont need to spray a lot of it on to have it noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I have never bought a celeb perfume, but I was bored waiting in a chemist one day and sampled the Lady Gaga one, it is a black liquid, and it was quite nice. Can't remember the name of it though. There is a bit of a perfume snob in me, and if someone asked me what scent I was wearing, I would be a bit embarrassed at saying it was Lady Gaga.

Its not that im a perfume label snob - i will go for cheap brands where i can get them,but ya i probably would be embarrased saying its britney spears or lady gaga im wearing etc..

My favourite perfume of all time,is fragonard you should type them into google their scents are amazing second to none,or carrement belle or l'aromarine.

The best scents on the market are from french perfume makers,who are in the business 20+ years,not just some mediocre celebrity who just branched into the business recently..

There is a HUGE mountain of a difference between britney spears and lets say carrement belle vanille or fragonard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

ElleEm wrote: »
    I have never bought a celeb perfume, but I was bored waiting in a chemist one day and sampled the Lady Gaga one, it is a black liquid, and it was quite nice. Can't remember the name of it though. There is a bit of a perfume snob in me, and if someone asked me what scent I was wearing, I would be a bit embarrassed at saying it was Lady Gaga.

LOL!!! exactly what I was thinking....I'll just mumble something Italian/french sounding......probably sound like pepperoni/fromage

Im just wearing nothing but pepperoni fromage very sexy ;) haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I love midnight fantasy by Britney Spears.... but hate telling people what I'm wearing! ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I was bought Kate moss's perfume as a present. It was lovely and I flew through the bottle! Couldn't believe how much I liked it.

And I'll buy it again!!

Ok....we need to think of our own generic one-name-fits-all French/posh sounding perfume for our gaga/britney/moss/beckham......not eau de fromage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lillycool

Hi OP, while I haven't smelt Beckhams offering I've found that any perfume (celebrity or otherwise) that costs 15 will simply wear off in 5 minutes. The value of a good perfume is its staying power and strength and sometimes paying more gives more value.
    I agree with Jogathon, Kate Moss perfume is good and it actually lasts.
    My Mum bought me a lovely 'designer' one in Aldi in Dublin a few weeks ago that they were promoting... (sure how cheap is this -5.25 special offer - beautiful smell- but smell was was gone after 2 mins) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Fleur du celebrite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I'm using Sarah Jessica Parker lovely at the mo and I love it! It really is just lovely! I've gotten loads of compliments on it and for €25 for 100ml I'm happy :) my all time fave perfume is Kenzo Amour but it's just too expensive for everyday

lillycool wrote: »
    Hi OP, while I haven't smelt Beckhams offering I've found that any perfume (celebrity or otherwise) that costs 15 will simply wear off in 5 minutes. The value of a good perfume is its staying power and strength and sometimes paying more gives more value.
    I agree with Jogathon, Kate Moss perfume is good and it actually lasts.
    My Mum bought me a lovely 'designer' one in Aldi in Dublin a few weeks ago that they were promoting... (sure how cheap is this -5.25 special offer - beautiful smell- but smell was was gone after 2 mins) :)

This is the thing lillycool.....my usual is viktor and Rolf -flowerbomb - which is scrummy, but I can't smell that after an hour.

With this (cheapo) one, I am still very 'perfumed'....it's lasting forever!!!

Also got the 'designer' copy of perfume from lidl last year...and that DID last all of 5 mins....also, I only bought it because it was so cheap - this year I am far more discerning!!!!

A favourite cheap n' chic of mine is exclamation and so?,i love les pimkes and betty boop,also breakfast at tiffanys in boots for 14.00

I have about 40+ perfumes and they are all great a mixture of cheapies and gourment perfumes,i avoid Brown thomas and Debenhams like the plauge there are wayyy too many viktor and rolphs (which i have and its lovely) on the market if you know what i mean,loads of celeb kim kardashian perfumes too,if you really want a good scent go for a french perfume maker they smell ten times better than any viktor and rolf even and viktor and rolf is gorgeous.

A favourite cheap n' chic of mine is exclamation and so?,i love les pimkes and betty boop,also breakfast at tiffanys in boots for 14.00

Will try these out, as I'm on a roll!

My biggest endorsement was my 16 year old on his way to bed - he gave me a hug and said "Mum, you smell really nice"....awwww! Post screaming at him about throwing his clothes on the floor, this was HUGE!

Am Beckham convert now....awaiting royalties from them!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

ElleEm wrote: »

I tried that one, I remember thinking it was quite nice and being really surprised at the scent because I didn't think it matched the dramatic dark bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Last Christmas, my in-laws gave me a gift set Alex by Alex Curran. I certainly wouldn't have even looked at a WAG perfume on the shelf and expected the gift set to sit at the back of my wardrobe for when all my other perfumes ran out. But it was absolutely gorgeous. It actually reminded me of Johnsons pink baby lotion!

I was in the chemist stocking up on perfume last weekend and tried out a few. I sprayed Sarah Jessica Parker @Lovely@ on my hand and didn't like it. About 10 mins later I was in a nother shop and scratched my nose with my hand and got a wiff of the perfume - it was gorgeous when it had settled! Had to get back down to the chemists to buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Last Christmas, my brother gave me one of Beyonce's perfume sets (he admitted he just picked it up because he had no idea what to get me!). It's the purple one, I think it's called Midnight Heat? Anyway, I absolutely love it. It's such a gorgeous smell & lasts quite long for me, I love catching the scent later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Speaking of celeb perfumes, I love Heat by Beyonce, a gorgeous scent I always go back to.

Oh i have a beyonce one , it is pulse it smells of vanilla and raspberries but the scent wears away quick that is my only gripe with it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I really like Rihanna's perfume Rebelle and Rebelle Fleur! Also the Beyonce ones are really nice, was €25 for 100ml!

And alot of the time when you say the perfume doesn't last long on the skin or you cant smell it after an hour. Its hasn't gone, you have just gotten used to the scent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I love Britneys perfumes! I buy Curious the second my one runs out! Looking for her "Believe" one. I got so many compliments for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

As already mentioned Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy is class. Really stands out from other perfumes to me, and is instantly recognizable.

"By Night" from Christina Aguilera is also really lovely, got loads of nice comments from people with both these perfumes.

I smelt a very nice perfume recently on one of my friends. She said it's Katy Perry's new one "Killer Queen" - smelt very nice to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I smelt a very nice perfume recently on one of my friends. She said it's Katy Perry's new one "Killer Queen" - smelt very nice to me. :)

I had a sniff of that one in a chemist recently & I can't for the life of me remember what it was like, but I do remember that it was lovely! Could be next on the list to try. :o

Another good one ive seen recently today is kylie minogue darling for 9.99,and britney spears circus and fantasy also going on the cheap.

I notice celeb perfumes these days are going a lot cheaper than other scents..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

I love the Kate Moss one. It's been my go to daytime perfume for the last few years. I also found it through being gifted one of those gift sets that people get you when they don't know what to get you ;)

Will have to try the kate moss one as there have been a few people that have said it to me online and offline,will have to give it a spray in a store near me..

Usually i stay away from celeb perfumes on the whole,most of my perfumes are from french pefumers and parfums(they are a better concentration than eau de parfum).

Cologne is the weakest concentration,eau de toillette is higher,then eau the parfum,then a higher concentration than that would be parfum,very hard to get in the stores around this christmas season..

But i know a few little boutiques that sell them in the parfum ranges,i havent gone to BT'S or debenhams for ages now,as they are getting too dear and their selection is predictable and mainstream..yawn..

Right now though in my collection i find my celebrity perfumes are increasing,they are cheaper and some of the scents are not half bad..They kylie minogue one is not too shabby either..

Some real good celeb ones of late,although im not too fond of the kim kardashian perfumes(like any of them),as im not a big fan of patchouli (and there is patchouli in all of them)i think it stinks like one of those incense burners..

If you are looking for a decent perfume check out annick goutal,absolutely amazing scents or creed flowers is another..

These are perfumes that are head and shoulders above the rest,also check out fragonard,carrement belle etc..

The french pefumers that have 20+ years experience in the perfume business are really out on their own leading the way in top scents..As opposed to some celeb that just branched into the business..

There are a few good celeb ones out there on the market dont get me wrong but there are other scents that are way better that are cheap too that you could be missing out on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Britney Spears - Fantasy
    Victoria Beckham - Intimately Beckham

That's about it for me, I like beyonces heat too but when I test it, I can never decide if I like it enough to buy it.

Just as a side note Dealz have LOTS of these perfumes (Beckham, kylie ect) on sale for a tenner

Im a sucker for the odd celeb perfume providing it smells okay,will be checking out dealz tommorrow for the beckham one as its got a good review on here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I'm not big into perfumes, but I really like the Lady Gaga one I got a sample of. (I didn't realize that celebrity endorsed perfumes were looked down on.. shows how much I know!!)

• Advertisement

It's not that i look down on them or anything there are a good few celeb scents out there,but its just that these celebs branched into the business,and are not heart and soul in it for decades like other perfumers..They really specialize in their perfume business that is the difference really.

French perfumers really hit the notes,and you can really smell the difference there.
    If you look up carrement belle they have perfume going there for 43 per 100 ml,and they are better than any perfume out there on the market miles ahead of designers like viktor and rolph..

Thats why i wouldnt say i would have as much confidence in them,having said that i have a collection of britney spears curious,fantasy and circus,and beyonce pulse and heat.

And i really love them they are good scents.

Im off to get a beckham one in dealz to add to my collection..

Usually i wear the celeb during the day and the more concentrated perfumes like the fragonard,carrement belle,and creed or annick goutal one's on weekends..

I love most perfumes even the weaker concentrations,if they smell sweet, i know not a lot of people like sweet smelling perfumes and think they come across on the skin as quite sickly sweet,but i love them.

Toffee,caramel,and vanilla and rose,raspberry jasmine and peony scents are some of my favourites..

A good designer one,(i dont usually buy designer much as they are so mainstream and everyone has one blah),but jo malone is perfect they really have some good scents on the market,and a good variety - although they will cost you over 100 which is very expensive but if you get vanilla and anise you will see why they are so sought after,thats if you are into vanilla.

Another perfume i have that is celebrity(i forgot to mention) that rivals jo malone(top designer) is mariah carey luscious pink,the bottle looks so pretty and the scent is roses gardenia,it is a perfect girlie scent that lasts and lasts on the skin..

Ive seen a few celebrity perfumes on the market in shops and chemists in recent times the market seems to be flooded with them so there is a lot more choice out there in that market.

One direction for example(took a spray of it the other day) smells like roses,its really lovely but a bit too light for me..

I like something stronger in roses scent like loccitane etc or body shop etc.

Ive come up with a list of celeb perfumes online,(even bruce willis has a perfume)i just googled it now for you and the link is:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_celebrity_branded_fragrances

Advertisement