Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Visa 2014

Options
  • 21-11-2013 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey guys :)

I wanted to book a J1 to myrtle beach but I get free flights through my mam and USIT don't let you book your own flights. Does anyone know of a company that let you book a J1 visa but still let you book your own flights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 J12014

Dee1993 wrote: »
    Hey guys :)

I wanted to book a J1 to myrtle beach but I get free flights through my mam and USIT don't let you book your own flights. Does anyone know of a company that let you book a J1 visa but still let you book your own flights?

Hi
    I have just booked my J1 through USIT for 2014 and I also get free flights through my parents!
    USIT do let you do this, you just need to contact them about it and arrange a letter from the airline stating your eligibility for free flights!

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jobrien19

Heading to Myrtle Beach for a J1 this summer around the last week of may for anyone interested in sharing accommodation with a couple of girls and probably 2 lads (maybe more)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ClaireKllyJ1

Ye still thinking of going over to myrtle for the summer, there are a group of girls thinking about it and looking for people to share accommodation with! :)

I think we actually decided yesterday that were heading to newport instead as it's cheaper and less hassle according to the travel agent and a couple of the lads who've been over to newport before said the same. have ye booked yer j1 already?

Oh really? and whats the story with jobs & that over there, A girl i know said in myrtle you can get more than one easily enough so we were kind of thinking of going there because of that. Nope just deposits down so far! Have ye? :)

• Advertisement

it's supposed to be ok even though it's such a small place because loads of Americans go on holidays there and there's loads of beaches and stuff so they said go down the waterfront and there's lots of businesses that hire irish students. Works out a good bit cheaper and lots of Irish over there apparently so were thinking either there or we can go to San Diego but we haven't really decided yet

Ohh yeah, that sounds really good so. Newport sounds really good actually, San Diego apparently aren't meant to be too keen on teh irish though! How much cheaper does it work out? :)

basically it's just more expensive to fly to the west coast than the east coast is what the travel she by said so I've no idea where to go now like haha! basically just looking to share accommodation with other Irish people to save money and have good craic like :) Chicago and Boston were the only other 2 places we were considering but we've to make a decision soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wall_

I spent last Summer in Newport and although I had a great time, I would have a few reservations. Its a lovely place by the sea however it is more family/couple orientated. There is nightlife but it is not great, no real clubs more late night bars. (for clubs you have to go to providence the capital of newport which is about an hour away). Also if going to newport I would recommend you rent a car as it is spread out and would be useful for trip etc. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emerboyce

hey anyone thinking on Ocean City for the J1 this summer join this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/460162934095553/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kellyd87

For anybody going on a J1 this year there are a good few articles here on where to go, also lots of tips and advice!! :)http://thestudentsguidetothegalaxy.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tracey Buggy

I went with TravelBug Ltd, my boyfriend had bought my flights as a xmas present before I booked my visa so I couldn't go with usit. Think the site was www.travelbuglimited.ie. or something like that. Google it anyway, they were sound to me and I had a blast in NYC last summer.

Advertisement