Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipping grave diggers?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

davo10 wrote: »
    Who owns the majority of grave yards? Who do you pay to buy a plot?

From Citizens Advice Website:

Burial grounds (cemeteries) in Ireland are the responsibility of the local authorities, who operate many of them and appoint a registrar or caretaker for each of their burial ground to manage the sale of plots in that site, and in some cases to maintain the burial ground. Parishes operate some burial grounds
    I'm not sure what your issue is but most graveyards are parish owned and operated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Around here the neighbours dig the grave and a bottle of whisky is brought down when at the job.

On the day of the burial they are given the dinner afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I'm not sure what your issue is but most graveyards are parish owned and operated.

My issue is, according to the info above most grave yards are the responsibity of local authorities, you said that "by no means" is this the case, in order to work there as grave openers with diggers training/certification and insurance is needed, you contended in an earlier post that it was not needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

davo10 wrote: »
    My issue is, according to the info above most grave yards are the responsibity of local authorities, you said that "by no means" is this the case, in order to work there as grave openers with diggers training/certification and insurance is needed, you contended in an earlier post that it was not needed.

Look, read the post I quoted and my reply. My point was that the certification etc is " by no means" widespread. The quoted piece maintained it was a standard, which it plainly is not.
    But I'm done here as you seem to just want to nitpick.

Advertisement