Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help cancelling eVision from eircom agent on boards?

Options
  • 21-11-2013 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I tried cancelling eVision over the phone today. I was bounced around between 5 different agents and each time asked for my full details only to be told they couldn't help me. Wasted 30 minutes. In the end I was put on hold for ages so I had to hang up.

Can one of the eircom people on boards help with me this? I can PM my details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

odckdo wrote: »
    I tried cancelling eVision over the phone today. I was bounced around between 5 different agents and each time asked for my full details only to be told they couldn't help me. Wasted 30 minutes. In the end I was put on hold for ages so I had to hang up.

Hi odckdo

It can be sometimes difficult to speak to the correct department and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please contact eircom cancellations on free phone 1901 while making sure to enter your landline number when prompted by the recorded message and then following option 4 and then option 3 when prompted.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Hi odckdo

It can be sometimes difficult to speak to the correct department and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please contact eircom cancellations on free phone 1901 while making sure to enter your landline number when prompted by the recorded message and then following option 4 and then option 3 when prompted.

Thanks

Al
    Alan,

I did all that. I read a thread recently where someone was having the same problem cancelling eVision.

It is not good customer service to be put in a loop for 30 minutes and end back with the first agent and to be put back on hold again?

Weeks ago Eircom rang me if I wanted to be on the original TV trial. I had to give 1 hour of my time to the Eircom engineer to install eVision. (I have a contract with Sky so eVision doesn't suit me at the moment.)

I got an email from the tvtrials team this morning who said they would do the cancellation.

My telephone experience was not good enough, I am sorry to say...

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi odckdo

Thanks

Al
    Alan,

I did all that. I read a thread recently where someone was having the same problem cancelling eVision.

It is not good customer service to be put in a loop for 30 minutes and end back with the first agent and to be put back on hold again?

Weeks ago Eircom rang me if I wanted to be on the original TV trial. I had to give 1 hour of my time to the Eircom engineer to install eVision. (I have a contract with Sky so eVision doesn't suit me at the moment.)

I got an email from the tvtrials team this morning who said they would do the cancellation.

My telephone experience was not good enough, I am sorry to say...

Paul
    Hi odckdo

It's good to see that you have been emailed but I'm sure the level of disappointment created by the phone calls still remains. I'm very sorry to hear of the inconvenience caused.

Feel free to let us know if you require assistance in the future.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement