Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a simple security camera set up

Options
  • 22-11-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Im looking for a recommendation on an outdoor colour security camera, we just want to see who is coming to the door of the premises.

I would ideally like to be able to hook this up to my exsisiting computer monitor or if there is another solution also.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Do you want it to record the images or just see on the monitor?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you just want to view it on a PC etc any IP camera would do the job. It's a massive market. Did you have an idea on how much you want to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just see the pictures on the monitor that's all. I would up to 100 I suppose or do I need to be spending more. Just a camera of decent quality is all I want.

Can anyone recommend something to buy online, that easy enough to set up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any IP camera straight into your network would do the job. Millions of options available online.

Thanks

I was looking at this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nexus-543-Wireless-Waterproof-Infrared/dp/B0052IJQEG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385379510&sr=8-1&keywords=ip+camera+wireless+outdoor

How does it work exactly? Is it just an i.p address is assigned to it and you type it into your browser to view it?

Rob

• Advertisement

It's like any other IP device. Simply connect to your network, assign an IP address and it will be viewable through bundled software or via any browser.
    You then open up ports to make it accessible remotely.

Sounds straight forward. Im gunna go with the one from amazon in my last post I think.

If you need any help with the port forwarding etc come back to us.

Advertisement