Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome history

Options
  • 22-11-2013 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Noticed last week that my internet history could be seen on my home PC for browsing at work , and history could be seen on my work PC for browsing at home .

So I deleted all history and disabled Google Chrome too .

It it not making any difference , and notice now that my browsing at work today is now here on my home PC .

I am not signed on to Google Chrome at work , so cant understand this .

Can anyone help ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Because Chrome is a Google product, it is by default syncing your details from both browsers to your Google account.

"This allows Google and Chrome to bring you a consistent experience across Google services."

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/165139?hl=en

To disable this feature, you will have to sign out of Chrome, or:

click on Settings, Advanced Sync Settings and adjust what you want to Sync between work and home.

uX9A3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maalummoja

Soundman wrote: »
    Because Chrome is a Google product, it is by default syncing your details from both browsers to your Google account.

"This allows Google and Chrome to bring you a consistent experience across Google services."

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/165139?hl=en

To disable this feature, you will have to sign out of Chrome, or:

click on Settings, Advanced Sync Settings and adjust what you want to Sync between work and home.

uX9A3.png

I use firefox only now. Really not happy with chrome privacy policies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Hi OP, by default the Google Web History for Search is always on - you can clear your history and turn it off permanently from here.

https://history.google.com/history/settings?hl=en

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does Chromium or SRWare Iron sync like this as well? I'm not sure but good choice with Firefox, tried Chrome and associated builds and never got a liking to it. Firefox also has the better extensions in my experience

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Thanks everyone - I have now followed all the above , and hope it makes the difference .

I have turned off history and cleared history and unticked box for history sync

If not I will download firefox .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

one account - all of you.

If you have an android phone or tablet, just take a look in the associated google account history on any pc and see just how much google is logging about you.
    And once they have it they decide how they use it.
    So don't just worry about your work and home pc, check your phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Have finally converted , and now downloaded firefox .

It seems quite faster than google chome too

Advertisement