Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi security key

• 22-11-2013 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

If I let my neighbours use my broadband until theirs gets sorted, can they access it if I change the password again? Also will whatever they view be under my name?
    Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭XsApollo

If you change the password they won't be able to access it again.
    Don't know about your other question but I wouldn't worry unless they were accessing child paraphernalia or the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Mark.87

Unless they are very familiar with hacking techniques (if they were they wouldn’t of even needed your password in the first place) changing your password is perfect.

YES everything they do will come back to your IP address. If they do anything illegal it’s your problem too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

If they wanted they could watch everything you do online. If they do anything illegal it will be your responsibility. Anything that goes through your connection is treated as what you did. If their activity was flagged and being tracked it would be your name that the Gardai would be seeing. You would also breaking your contract and risking heavy fines.
    It's likely none of that will happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

XsApollo wrote: »
    ....... but I wouldn't worry unless they were accessing child paraphernalia or the likes.

I don't think there is any law against looking at paraphernalia (child or otherwise!) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

ArthurG wrote: »
    I don't think there is any law against looking at paraphernalia (child or otherwise!) ;)

Bongs and syringes for kids :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

You'll be fine, just make sure they don't buy pacifiers, rattles and other child paraphernalia online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭XsApollo

ArthurG wrote: »

Hehe yea.

We all know what I'm talkin about.

Posting the appropriate word might have flagged somebody to watch my internet connection.;) and accuse me of something when it wasn't me it was the neighbours....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Cheers for all the replies. Even the funny ones!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Mark.87 wrote: »
    Unless they are very familiar with hacking techniques (if they were they wouldn’t of even needed your password in the first place) changing your password is perfect.

YES everything they do will come back to your IP address. If they do anything illegal it’s your problem too...

cracking wpa2 - psk passwords is very very difficult to do and requires special equipment.

cracking wep takes about 15 mins with a packet sniffer

Advertisement