Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want rid of my shotgun?

Options
  • 22-11-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

i have and old single barrell shotgun which my licence has run out on,i want to get rid of it ,my question is can i surrender it at my local garda staion for free of charge for them to destroy it ?otherwise if they are going to charge me i might as well renew the licence but i really dont want to do this as i never use it?anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭madel

I got rid of a rifle, just brought it into a gun dealer but im sure you can just surrender it to the gardaí free as well. You could ask for the firearms officer and discuss it with him

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭specialized105

madel wrote: »
    I got rid of a rifle, just brought it into a gun dealer but im sure you can just surrender it to the gardaí free as well. You could ask for the firearms officer and discuss it with him
    hi thans did the gun dealer charge u for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

If your licence has run out throw it into a dealer asap, you could find yourself in a spot of bother the way it is at the moment! I know my local dealer doesnt charge to take in end of life guns.

You could always offer it to some young fella looking to start shooting but short of a few quid, could be a great help to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Both dealer and garda station should take for free, defo garda station but a 24 hour one, local headquaters type.

aaakev wrote: »
    If your licence has run out throw it into a dealer asap, you could find yourself in a spot of bother the way it is at the moment! I know my local dealer doesnt charge to take in end of life guns.

You could always offer it to some young fella looking to start shooting but short of a few quid, could be a great help to someone

yes if i knew someone looking they could have it but need this to happen today as ive got a letter from superitendant !il probably just bring it into local garda stn and get them destroy it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

what make and gauge is it may i ask... i wouldnt mind a cheap shotgun :P

1shot16 wrote: »
    what make and gauge is it may i ask... i wouldnt mind a cheap shotgun :P
    aww its gone now mate it was a harrington and richardson 16g single barrel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

aww its gone now mate it was a harrington and richardson 16g single barrel :(

I see your up the country a good bit would of been too far anyway.Was it destroyed in the end?

Advertisement