Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy white truffle oil

Options
  • 22-11-2013 10:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi was wondering where I could buy white truffle oil in dublin and how much to expect at the check out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hi was wondering where I could buy white truffle oil in dublin and how much to expect at the check out

Be careful, most truffle oil has no actual truffle in it and is rotten. It's chemically derived "truffle flavour" oil. So double check the ingredients. They might put a shave of actual truffle in so it will appear in the ingredient list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truffle_oil
    Try fallon and byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Best of Italy usually has the real deal. Last time i bought it was about €32 for a .5 litre bottle which is pretty good. It last ages because you need so little of it

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/the-best-of-italy-dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

thanks guys, tried the taste of Italy but they dont have any.... any other suggestions? would even settle for the synthetic stuff...

thanks as always

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin City as the locals may be better able to advise you.

tHB

Did you try Fallon & Byrne as posted above? I'd be surprised if they didn't have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I got some in Carluccio's on Dawson St. think it's the real deal. It's yummy anyway. It was about a tenner for a tiny bottle but you only need a couple of drops.

there's an italian wholesale place in Smithfield that might have it too, Little Italy tld.

Advertisement