Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 26th Nov 20:15 WES2 Accenture

• 22-11-2013 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

So after a week off, we need to get back into it with a good performance, we haven't really played well in the last 2 games, so we need to up the level for this one.

Ed - in
    Cathal - in
    Craig - in
    Damo -
    Keith - in
    Derek McD - inj
    Paddy - in
    SteMcD - 50-50
    Ciaran -
    Darren - in
    Luke C - in
    Dave - in
    Jules - in
    Luke D -
    Ste K - in
    Derek McL - in
    Kingsley -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

im in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

just looking at the fixtures all the chasing teams play each other its a good opportunity to pull away a little so strong performances from all involved will be needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ed - in
    Cathal - in
    Craig - in
    Damo - out
    Keith - in
    Derek McD - inj
    Paddy - in
    SteMcD - inj
    Ciaran - inj
    Darren - in
    Luke C - in
    Dave - in
    Jules - in
    Ste K - in
    Derek McL - in
    Kingsley - in

Same attitude as the 2nd half last week lads.

Same attitude as the 2nd half last week lads.

:confused:

there was no match last week

• Advertisement

:confused:

there was no match last week

Sorry the game from 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Good luck.
    My comeback didn't really work out last week. Getting fitted for an ankle brace tomorrow - will give it another go next week wearing that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mousewar wrote: »
    Good luck.
    My comeback didn't really work out last week. Getting fitted for an ankle brace tomorrow - will give it another go next week wearing that.

sorry to hear Damo, take it handy!

Excellent 2-0 win there lads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Fantastic game to be involved in.
    We got a good goal and they really pushed hard in the second half and we were penned back for a bit but we got it clear and pushed out when we needed.

Some good chasing and harrying by us when they got the ball and even with the box area scrambles we had lads throwing themselves at the ball.

Wasnt much for Ed to do i think but we performed well as a unit and got the win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Well done lads, excellent result. They're much better footballers than their points total suggests. They had several midfielders and attackers with really good control so they rarely gave it away cheaply. They struck me as having the makings of an excellent 6-a-side team out of their best attackers.

What last night told me is that we've come on leaps and bounds in our organisation: we weren't playing particularly well going forward, but we're now a very difficult team to break down. You can see everything's starting to gel with new players well bedded in now and people starting to understand each other's game. That'll click in a consistent way in attack soon enough and when it does, we'll go up another gear or two - which will be needed as we have very tough games ahead and everyone's out to take points off you when you're at the top. Though we weren't fluid consistently last night, when we were, we played some quality moves, and the buildup for the first goal was a lovely team passing movement, with Derek delivering a top notch finish out of what was a half-chance at best. And Kings or Ste was right in position to knock it in if it was saved - need to get bodies in the box like that more consistently.

They really upped the intensity right from kick-off for the 2nd half and pinned us back for a good while. I'd usually be against us sitting back deeper as the game goes on as it's usually us doing it to ourselves - us sitting deep to defend a lead just brings the opposition onto us. But last night was different so I wasn't saying push up to anyone in the 2nd half: it wasn't a case of us bringing it on ourselves, it's just that they were going full throttle throwing everything at us. So that was one of the rare cases where sitting deep was unavoidable and the right thing to do. Though we were fairly frantic, I never got the sense that we were paniced, it never felt like this would be 'one of those' nights where we'd concede as I think everyone knew their job and was up to the task. That for me is the biggest progress as closing games out in those situations is the difference between genuine contenders and also-rans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

good win, they bothered us a bit more than Keith makes out and they had 3 or 4 close calls, but overall i think 2-0 was a fair score as we were able to manage everything they threw at us.

one thing, we have touched on it a few times...the amount of free kicks and set pieces we are giving away is crazy, it needs to improve. we are not conceding goals from teams cutting us open or from open play in general, i think its only 1 so far from 6 games with the rest coming from set pieces.

Advertisement