Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you HAD to choose ONE reason why you chose PS4 over XB1

Options
  • 22-11-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

What would it be? No fanboy flaming of the XB1 please

For me it would be the exclusives. Namely (Only, really) Naughty Dog. I loved the uncharted games, they're good fun and great stories and it's good to see a studio put so much effort into single-player games........ and then The Last of Us. An absolute gem of a game. Sure, it had it's critics (Not many): It was a bit easy, the combat brought nothing new. But the story, the characters, the overall quality was just amazing. A fine swansong for the PS3.

So, if someone put a gun to your head and made you choose ONE thing over all others that made you pick the PS4 over the XBOX1 what would it be?

If you HAD to choose ONE reason you picked PS4 over XB1 what would it be? 176 votes

Always been a Playstation user
    0% 0 votes
    Price
    33% 59 votes
    Specs
    8% 15 votes
    Controller
    14% 26 votes
    Exclusives
    1% 2 votes
    Indie Game Support
    15% 27 votes
    Focus on games over general hub
    2% 4 votes
    Policies (2nd hand games, Online etc)
    9% 17 votes
    Online functions
    4% 8 votes
    PS+
    0% 0 votes
    Remote Play
    10% 18 votes
    Other (Please Specify)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'd say exclusives too. Sony have an incredible catalogue of 1st party devs.

I also think that the multiplats will be of better quality on PS4 going by the first set of releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

sexiness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

srumball wrote: »
    sexiness
    Style, never thought of that. Adding to the Poll (Which I just figured out like an eejit).

Edit: Ah, can't edit Poll. Put it as "Other" I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Style, never thought of that. Adding to the Poll (Which I just figured out like an eejit)

Exclusives for me - though TBH, the answer is Naughty Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Never had an Xbox. Never been tempted by one. Will never buy one. No interest in it at all.

Playstation and PC all the way. Just my personal preference.

Loved Nintendo as a kid but the day i got a PS1 i've been on the same path since! Probably one of the few people who love the DS3 too. Being a heavy PS user all my life, my hands are moulded around the DualShock at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I've always been a play station man so I am staying brand loyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The Vita second screen thing is a big pull for me. Will be waiting to see how it's implemented and whether many games are compatible before purchasing though.

Also PS+ is stupidly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm going 'other' and the reason is that more of my gamer friends are getting one so for online play with friends

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There were a number of factors but it ultimately came down to the specs.

If the XO had the same horse power I'd have paid the extra 100 for a Kinect I've no interest in. I'm sure that the gap will become a bit closer once developers become more familiar with the hardware quirks.

The second big factor was the controller. I'm Sony had sold something like the DS3 I wouldn't have gone near it. The DS4 is a massive leap forward from that design and it's something I can happily live with.

I will MS credit for being a bit more ambitious with their UI, Kinect. But again I've no interest in it and I really just wanted a games console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

penev10 wrote: »
    The Vita second screen thing is a big pull for me. Will be waiting to see how it's implemented and whether many games are compatible before purchasing though.

I think it's mandated by Sony that all games have to be compatible unless they use camera or move controller.

• Advertisement

other xbox are shady as ****

the 360 broken all the bloody time and remember there ideas for original xbox one drm no used games etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

All of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

The price helps but hopefully the games will be better on the PS4. The DS3 was a bit of a hindrance last gen so I always kinda held that against the PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Exclusives would be the main reason, but not ashamed to admit I was leaning towards the PS4 anyway before any info had been announced for either console as I've just always been a PS guy. Price, policies, PS+ and the focus on games just cemented that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Focus on games over "all the other shiete I dont need".

Console is for games, and thats why I buy it. I dont care about jam dispenser, built in toaster and Cup warmer.

Over all PS4 is better machine for my needs, but I am still going to get Xbox one later, when I can afford it, that Forza is very tempting. ( most likely for my BD )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I was unsure before e3 and i preordered my ps4 straight after, MS decisions with drm etc made my mind up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Price, exclusives, specs, the PlayStation network plus service.

Its easily the most logical choice. Same way the 360 was the logical choice til the ridiculous ps3 price was lowered and got good games

I know I was only supposed to pick one reason but I'm a rebel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

I've had both consoles from the previous generation (Xbox 360 and PS3).
    The laser on my PS 3 died, so I carried on with my 360 for about 4 years. I last switched on my PS 3 about 4 years ago and put it in a wardrobe.

The thing that really got me about the Xbox One was it's non related gaming features. From the beginning MS was touting its apps, tv , social media etc. I don't care about any of this. Backwards compatability and sharing/selling games was also a deal breaker for me. I want a gaming machine. I have my laptop beside me when I'm gaming, so apps and social media mean nothing. I'd like to be able to go back and play some old COD and I plan on getting Medal of Honor: Frontline, Resi 4 and Shadow of the Colossus as soon as Sony make them available.

Price is also a big thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I've had Sony products for 17 years now. I still remember the thrills I got as an excited 9 year old from games like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 7/8/9, Medieval, MGS, C&C and many more. My original PS1 still works!

Then I moved on to PS2, GT4, Shadow of the Colossus, Persona 3/4, MGS 2/3, God of War. My original PS2 still works!

So tl;dr I am a Sony man, I own a Sony phone even ffs. They've learned from the rough patch that was the PS3 early days and they treat their gamers like human beings and actually respond to fan feedback.

I liked the 360 also and I believe there is room for both MS and Sony in this world, but I am a Sony man and I always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Started off with the PSOne then PS2 PSP, PS3, Vita so I like PlayStation. Quite like Microsoft but dont care much for Xbox. Having been used to PlayStations I also prefer the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

Had every PS then paid over the odds for a launch day 360 and spent 4 months trying to convince myself that it was a good purchase and enjoyed it, in truth it was a miserable experience, traded it for a ps3 and never looked back, can't wait for Friday, have AC4 sitting here and not being able to play it is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Have been on the 360 8years
    but in the back of me head I wanted to be on ps3 it was just alot of the friends I had were on the 360
    loved killzone
    socom
    heavy rain
    metal gear
    gt5
    little big planet

this time round ill be all over the ps4
    not sure if my wife will let me play it before xmass
    shes mad into that buzz
    opening the presents an all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Always been a Playstation user coming out tops, that's how we roll lol, fanboy til we die!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Never a fanboy
    always a gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Purely to spite Major Nelson :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭happytramp

To be honest I'd never consider buying a console that Naughty Dog didn't support. I can't even imagine not having played 'The Last of Us'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I've got both (plus the Wii U), but if it were a case of getting a single one it would be the PS4 all the way. It's a better console, plain and simple. It doesn't have a great software lineup just yet, but that'll come with time. Developers are happier and more comfortable with it than the XBO, which will prove to be incredibly telling for multiplatform titles down the line, while it's got buckets more potential thanks to a superior GPU, faster RAM and no eSRAM bottleneck (although I'm sure that'll be sorted out in short order by some smart tool builder for MS)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭onedowg

One reason to go for ps4 - free online multiplayer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

onedowg wrote: »
    One reason to go for ps4 - free online multiplayer!

emmmmm... Dunno how to break this to ya buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Back when PS3 and Xbox 360 was coming out I got the PS3 as it had Blu ray. At the time I thought the games would use the space on the blu-ray disk and be a lot better then xbox. While most didn't .. some did.

Also the power the PS is monster. So many cores !!
    And Finally !! You had to pay to play online with the Xbox 360. ( I know you need PS+ now.. but you get loads of free things )

My brother got a xbox 360 some time after.. I could never get use to there larger controller.

PS all the way now.

Advertisement