Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suunto cobra 3 setup with analog compass

Options
  • 22-11-2013 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I currently own a suunto cobra (probably v1, several years old). Recently the sensor that measures depth etc seems to have died (with a service centre atm, but not holding out much hope). Because I'm used to and like diving with a console I was thinking of replacing it with a cobra 3. However, I'm also picky and don't like to depend on a computer so I have a separate air, depth and compass gauges. Currently my compass is part of the console of my current cobra (http://www.leisurepro.com/Image/Product/XLarge/SQTCBCWC.JPG). I don't see any cobra 3 with this sort of setup (I know the computer has a digital compass). The question is if I cannot repair my current computer, does anybody know if I can take the compass (an SK7 I believe) off the existing console and attach it to the cobra 3 console?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

The shape of the upper part of the console certainly looks similar; I wonder if the Cobra 3 console simply has a blank fitted into a socket into which the compass could fit.

Cobra 3:
    Global-ProductImages-Suunto-Cobra3-Black-Suunto-Cobra3-Black-3524.png
    http://www.suunto.com/Products/dive-computers-and-instruments/Suunto-Cobra3/Suunto-Cobra3-Black/

Your Cobra:
    SQTCBCWC.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Go to the link in my post. Down the bottom, there's a Q&A section. Ask your question there. Let us know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boredboy

thanks locum-motion . I've posted a question there and will let you know when (or if) I get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boredboy

question hasn't even appeared on suunto site yet, however talking to the guys that are testing my computer they said everything is interchangable. Guess I'll find out after Christmas when I have to buy a new computer

Advertisement