Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stratford back boiler inset stove

• 22-11-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, we had above stove installed, happy with it. Small problem which I think needs tweaking is that the water is way to hot, im talking you would not be able to hold you hand under the running water and its quite dangerous with young kids. Also I am using a lot of fuel, I start it up,once going I leave vent for air supply set half way between open and closed (if I close it down, i feel fire goes a bit dead and the heat in the rads dies and when open the fire burns way to quickly) I then leave setting on side of stove at 4-5. The vent for the glass cleaning part stays open all the time. (stove fitter told me to do this)

Am i doing something wrong?

The plumber says he will come back and turn down heat to taps, which may direct more to rads which I am hoping will cut down on the need for fueling it all the time but we are constantly chasing him and he never turns up.

Any thoughts on this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭quickdraw2

What temp have you set the pump thermostat to ?

If you set the pump thermostat to a lower temperature it will pump to the rads sooner and take a lot of the heat, so the water will not get as hot to your cylinder.

If you close the airwash vent very slightly the burn rate will decrease,
    if the glass blackens you have closed it too much,
    tweak the vents over a few days and you should find a good balance,
    i.e. fire does not go out & glass stays clear.

Advertisement