Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Posts

Options
  • 22-11-2013 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    Do you know who has the highest post record at present ? There was mike65 at 69K but that's 4 years ago now.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Still Mike at 75200
    Edit, 75250
    Edit, 75300
    arrg, slow down Mike

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Oh, and Fred, who allegedly just joined Boards this month, how do you know Mike....?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I thought there was a policy of not asking people to disclose what their previous account was? Obviously admins can and probably do check anyone who comes to attention using the available tools, but still, hardly fair to ask him to post on thread?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

He has the right not to reply, of course.

He also has the right to not use the second account he registered seven minutes before the one he's using. Because that would be against the rules. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is it OK to close your account and open a new one then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

kneemos wrote: »
    Is it OK to close your account and open a new one then?

So long as it's not to bypass a ban, then it's okay in general.

Or to avoid getting a loooong ban due to a checkered record.

Cynically closing one account and opening another immediately won't magically grant someone a clean slate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Dades wrote: »
    Or to avoid getting a loooong ban due to a checkered record.

Cynically closing one account and opening another immediately won't magically grant someone a clean slate.

So it does clear a record eventually?
    Say I get a ban from AH for a month. Wait till the month is up, close the account and then open a new one and six months down the line I get in trouble in AH, again. Would the old account be ignored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

So it does clear a record eventually?
    Say I get a ban from AH for a month. Wait till the month is up, close the account and then open a new one and six months down the line I get in trouble in AH, again. Would the old account be ignored?

No, I'd imagine not. In that case you'd have everyone closing and opening accounts so as to avoid long term bans or to have a clean slate

Edit: I'm sure it would also depend on the severity of the offence and the time between offences

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Of course, the simplest rule of thumb is: don't get in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Is there any way of viewing a longer list of poster's post count?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Something like the LoB for postcount would be cool. League of Legends? :P

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Is there any way of viewing a longer list of poster's post count?

You used to be able to do it when clicking on the members list and choosing all rather than (# or A-Z) and then sorting by post count, but they disabled that a few years back due to server load reasons I believe. Now you can do it within each letter (at least on the old skin that I still use) but not an overall list as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fred15

I am puzzled that I created such suspicion because I am new to boards .Do new members always get this treatment ?
    There was a thread about posting on another forum and mike65 was mentioned .I registered to find out more .

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

fred15 wrote: »
    I am puzzled that I created such suspicion because I am new to boards .
    No, you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

oscarBravo wrote: »
    No, you're not.

Oh!

OP gone.

Nothing to see here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement