Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**The wtf plumbing thread**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I presume that situation arose because an older wash down pan was replaced with a close couple pan and the waste pipe is further out from the wall? I'm no plumber either, just curious.....

Exactly my situation

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I think I've seen a photo like this on this thread before but I couldn't believe it when I saw this today. She actually stores all her toilet rolls behind the toilet, there is that much of a gap.
    On a happier note the tiler did a great job fitting the porcelain tiles. Unfortunately the plumber cracked every one using the hammer drill instead of buying a few tile bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think I've seen a photo like this on this thread before but I couldn't believe it when I saw this today. She actually stores all her toilet rolls behind the toilet, there is that much of a gap.
    On a happier note the tiler did a great job fitting the porcelain tiles. Unfortunately the plumber cracked every one using the hammer drill instead of buying a few tile bits.

That's just wrong, Jesus, how anyone can walk away from ****e like that is beyond me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

There's no valve on the towel rad either. Or was it one of those I'll pipe back to the original valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

That has to be the furthest Iv seen

• Advertisement

I never even noticed the towel rad. My eyes were drawn to the cister.
    Obviously I couldn't see under the tiles but I couldn't think of any situation that couldn't be rectified to sit that toilet back 5". Even if he had to say I can move that back for an extra € whatever.
    More amazing to me is that she paid him at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I never even noticed the towel rad. My eyes were drawn to the cister.
    Obviously I couldn't see under the tiles but I couldn't think of any situation that couldn't be rectified to sit that toilet back 5". Even if he had to say I can move that back for an extra € whatever.
    More amazing to me is that she paid him at all.
    Was it the type of bowl with flush / smooth sides that original go straight back to the wall with sewer pipe going straight out ?
    ie not intended for side sewer pipe flow.

They look great in a show room, it's only when the plumber calls that their mistake is pointed out.

Believe me, I know, my misses wanted one !!!

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

The second lot is I got a callout to a blocked sink. Issue turned out to be abs going onto wavin with hefty amount of silicone and duc tape.

Last picture. The heating system worked for near ten years semi incased in concrete with a gap of about 3 inches between fitting and piped. Just a warm tile and a lot of air in they system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

corkgsxr wrote: »
    IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

The second lot is I got a callout to a blocked sink. Issue turned out to be abs going onto wavin with hefty amount of silicone and duc tape.

Last picture. The heating system worked for near ten years semi incased in concrete with a gap of about 3 inches between fitting and piped. Just a warm tile and a lot of air in they system.

What would be the tidiest way of making the water connection to the cistern in pic 1?

With the wavin pic, how would you address that, is their a special adaptor available, or a reducer bung?

In the last pic, what caused the problem here, insufficient allowance for thermal movement or the fittings being held by the concrete and the pipes moving when hot?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested in how these problems arise!

What would be the tidiest way of making the water connection to the cistern in pic 1?

It's a plasterboard wall. Shift it to the left and elbow swivel or swivel straight with a elbow and patch the wall after.

With the wavin pic, how would you address that, is their a special adaptor available, or a reducer bung?

Not that I'm aware of I heat and expand the abs to make a socket.

In the last pic, what caused the problem here, insufficient allowance for thermal movement or the fittings being held by the concrete and the pipes moving when hot?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested in how these problems arise!

Being honest I'm not sure first Iv seen it

• Advertisement

Photo 1 is my favourite. I'm not saying it's the perfect solution here but a basin flexi would have been a huge improvement.

Qualpex..:mad:.

gifted wrote: »
    Qualpex..:mad:.

Don't blame the pipe.
    Blame the piper.

scudo2 wrote: »
    Don't blame the pipe.
    Blame the piper.

very good....still hate qualpex :D

I had to move timber to find chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

^^^^
    Doubt if the tank position would meet regs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Would that be done to stop the wind or mice from getting in

Would that be done to stop the wind or mice from getting in

Well trap goes the other end. And chances are it's a washing machine so they couldn't be arsed trapping it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Well trap goes the other end. And chances are it's a washing machine so they couldn't be arsed trapping it properly

Yep i know where it's supposed to go but just wondered if that's why someone had it there, like you said they probably couldn't be arsed doing the right

• Advertisement

Anybody see something missing ?
    NOT the top baffles.
    Also look at the second photo, I couldnt get the two photos in the one post for some reason .

Anybody see something odd ?
    NOT the top baffles.
    Second photo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Second photo

A reconditioned condensing boiler????

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    A reconditioned condensing boiler????

Secondry heat exchanger is the part that "baffled" me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭jimf

is that the silver boiler house scudo

sorry i just looked at your first photo with the label

jimf wrote: »
    is that the silver boiler house scudo

sorry i just looked at your first photo with the label

Lable said Silver.
    BUT Silver has 5 big tube + water + Secondry heat exchanger ???

This one had nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭jimf

did you discuss this with fb wouldn't have thought they would revamp boilers not good for the image

jimf wrote: »
    did you discuss this with fb wouldn't have thought they would revamp boilers not good for the image

FB never got back to me after I showed them the photo at Dublín trade show.

Haven't been down in the factory lately.

More stupidity. Which I've seen a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

More stupidity. Which I've seen a few times.

What's more stupid? Using that Pex or covering the lock out switch??

Advertisement