Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo Design in Cork

Options
  • 22-11-2013 3:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone got personal recommendations for where to get a new company logo designed in Cork (and an idea of cost)?

I'm waiting on a few quotes and I know there'll be a fair bit of variation depending on the company, the number of concepts and revisions, etc. I want something reasonably priced, not dirt cheap and not breaking the bank.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

http://www.peopleperhour.com/hourlies/category/179-design I am lead to believe they wil even do business with people in Cork!! :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The above can be hit and miss to be honest. Have used it a few times, but the same can be said for all freelance websites of that nature. Be sure to get a few samples of a portfolio and put together a very clear brief of what you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 222 ✭✭harryr711

Axwell wrote: »
    The above can be hit and miss to be honest. Have used it a few times, but the same can be said for all freelance websites of that nature. Be sure to get a few samples of a portfolio and put together a very clear brief of what you want.
    Yeah I used that site before for something else, I know what you mean. There are a few good people on there but I'd be wary of some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I have used E-Sol Biz in the past and found them excellent. Based in Pakistan. Over 1400 reviews on Elance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Axwell wrote: »

Great point Axwell, portfolio samples of prior work are really the only way to evaluate the contenders, on the upside the charges are so low, it might be worth paying two of them to get the best design option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I've dealt with http://www.urbanprint.ie/ (formerly Prontaprint) quite a lot in a former job and they were great to deal with and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It depends in whether you just want a logo or whether you're building a brand, expect to spend a few grand on a brand, but you'll likely see it back quicker.

I've used Spark Marketing in Galway before, highly adept at social media, advertising, place and product branding.

H & A in Ballincollig are also quite good and have been behind a few high profile campaigns for local and national companies based in Cork recently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 222 ✭✭harryr711

ninty9er wrote: »
    It depends in whether you just want a logo or whether you're building a brand, expect to spend a few grand on a brand, but you'll likely see it back quicker.

I've used Spark Marketing in Galway before, highly adept at social media, advertising, place and product branding.

H & A in Ballincollig are also quite good and have been behind a few high profile campaigns for local and national companies based in Cork recently
    I'm looking for just a logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

eamon234 wrote: »
    I've dealt with http://www.urbanprint.ie/ (formerly Prontaprint) quite a lot in a former job and they were great to deal with and reasonably priced.

I deal with Urban Print on all my printing and would wholehartedly recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I did a logo over the weekend and it took about an hour with free software.

Somebody asked me to do them one as a result so it has already paid for itself.

Lots of interesting fonts about making it pretty easy to do your own and look original. Look at eBay's logo and you will see it is just a font with different coloured letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Use Fiverr.com it might surprise you! and I'm being serious about that!

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I did a logo over the weekend and it took about an hour with free software.

Somebody asked me to do them one as a result so it has already paid for itself.

Lots of interesting fonts about making it pretty easy to do your own and look original. Look at eBay's logo and you will see it is just a font with different coloured letters.

Not knocking your work, but theres a bit more to logo design than playing around with a few fonts and changing the colours.
    Would like to see the logo you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

Hi harryr711, a logo is an investment in your company, and one element of your brand identity. If your logo looks unprofessional/cheap you'll, people will have this perception of your business. As an example, if you take the app store, apps that are poorly designed don't even get a second look, even if the app could turn water into wine. A professional designer will spend a considerable amount of time researching the clients business, to get a sense of who their competitors are, and what the vision is. Then they should move on to the sketching phase to tease out an original logo. You just have to ask yourself if you going to pay someone $5 or $50 for your logo, how mush time are they really going to spend on it. You always run the risk of the logo infringing on another companies trademark and I'll doubt you'll get any logo guidelines for that price.

A logo should work well at all sizes, able to work as a favicon or on a app. A logo should be a manifestation of 1/2 of your brand values. Good design will differentiate you from your competitors, and create platforms for growth. Start with an investment in your logo.

PM me if you need a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Came across this image the other day that gives a nice little insight in to the amount of work that can go in to something so simple as a purely font based logo.

Your logo is the visual summary of your business. Not something to scrimp on.

Advertisement