Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for not staying on topic

Options
  • 22-11-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

I got banned today from the Television forum by MrsD007 for allegedly not staying on topic on the Vincent Browne thread.

The Vincent Browne thread isn't known for sticking to one topic as his programme deals with a raft of topics and to arbitrarily decide what I was debating with another poster wasn't "on topic" seems flawed and deeply unfair, given that the mod often mentions unrelated things. What me and another poster were discussing was indirectly connected to a topic mentioned on the VB programme. So it absolutely puzzles me why the mod took such a drastic step to ban me completely - no warning, no infraction, no short ban...no just a complete ban.

Given our recent robust debates on the tv forum, it seems the mod could be acting out of vindictiveness. It's hard to tell.

I have asked for further information from the mod and as yet I have not received any information.

Thanks,

Hotmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It has been 5 days since you posted your appeal, so I'm drawing a line under this.

Ban upheld. Please heed moderator instructions in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement