Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmail Address Question following upgrade

Options
  • 22-11-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello Eircom,

Imagine my surprise when I logged into my email address via Outlook (@eircom.net) the other evening to find an error in verifying my account. I then tried to log onto to webmail and it told me that my account may have been deavtivated due to inactivity. The only inactivity is that I have not been using your webportal but my home Outlook to send and receive my emails.
     I then spent 30 minutes on to your support team to be told there was nothing they could do apparently. Having had this same email address for the past 13 years it is more than inconvenient that my account is now no longer functioning, after what appears to be a webmail upgrade issue, and you cannot reset my password? If I was to ring your premium 30c per minute hotline do you think they could resolve it or would it be another 30 minutes and no resolution again would you think?

Many thanks,

ps dont email the response, I can't get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello Eircom,

Imagine my surprise when I logged into my email address via Outlook (@eircom.net) the other evening to find an error in verifying my account. I then tried to log onto to webmail and it told me that my account may have been deavtivated due to inactivity. The only inactivity is that I have not been using your webportal but my home Outlook to send and receive my emails.
     I then spent 30 minutes on to your support team to be told there was nothing they could do apparently. Having had this same email address for the past 13 years it is more than inconvenient that my account is now no longer functioning, after what appears to be a webmail upgrade issue, and you cannot reset my password? If I was to ring your premium 30c per minute hotline do you think they could resolve it or would it be another 30 minutes and no resolution again would you think?

Many thanks,

ps dont email the response, I can't get it.
    Hi wandering monk

The email support contact number of 1530277100 is the dedicated email support centre for eircom email users who do not have eircom broadband. The best advice I can offer on this matter is to give them a call and discuss this further.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

Not exactly the "don't worry, we'll fix that for you" reply I hoped for, but a response I suppose.

I'll give em a whirl and report back,

Cheers

4 minutes on hold so far, that'll be 1.20 before someone actually answers....and still waiting

wtf??

1530 numbers** 51c/min

http://home.eircom.net/Images/Business/priceplans/charges.pdf

and 6 mins on hold!! and no answer!!

right, gmail it is, Eircom, thanks for my email account these past 13 years, I'm off to gmail.

Disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭nagel

try putting 1 after your password  worked for me about a year ago when my account was upgraded

• Advertisement

nagel wrote: »
     try putting 1 after your password  worked for me about a year ago when my account was upgraded

Can you believe that after 30 minutes to Eircom customer support on Thursday they didn't think of telling me that!
    Thanks a million Nagel, I was changing all of my log in and contact mails all morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

nagel wrote: »

Can you believe that after 30 minutes to Eircom customer support on Thursday they didn't think of telling me that!
    Thanks a million Nagel, I was changing all of my log in and contact mails all morning

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you have had and I understand your frustration.

Did nagel's trick work for you or are you still having issues?

Thanks

Tracey

Nagels trick worked a treat, so if I could suggest asking customers to try this instead of sending them to a 50c per minute phone number, and having them left on hold, the next time Eircom changes their password with no warning. It could be a better experience for everyone, in my humble opinion. Or as an alternative Eircom could maybe NOT change people's passwords?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Nagels trick worked a treat, so if I could suggest asking customers to try this instead of sending them to a 50c per minute phone number, and having them left on hold, the next time Eircom changes their password with no warning. It could be a better experience for everyone, in my humble opinion. Or as an alternative Eircom could maybe NOT change people's passwords?
    Hi wandering monk

I appreciate your point, however broadband support should always advise if they are changing the password (after verifying the security questions and answers associated to the e-mail address)

I have passed on your thread and comments to technical support to insure all agents are clear on the password process.

Apologies, Mark

Advertisement