Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe Request - Taco Fries

Options
  • 22-11-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Guys,

I am looking for a recipe for Taco Fries just like you would get from your local chipper or Abra. I have the blenders taco sauce that is used in the chipper and I've experimented with a few recipes before and its just never right..

Anybody have anything to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

Second that.

Workin out my recipe for veg taco fries atm, so far I've come up with:

Potatoes
    Brown lentils
    Cheese (vegan: nutritional yeast)
    Queso Sauce or ex-supermacs worker says: Mayonaise, thousand island dressing, smokey bbq powder seasoning
    Taco Seasoning
    Salsa (optional)
    Sour cream (vegan: coconut cream & lemon) (optional)

For Taco Seasoning: 1 tbsn chilli powder, 1/4 ts garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper

btw, not sure what the Queso Sauce is, I'm gonna look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

As far as i know, its just normal mince with a tin of tomato puree! and a few herbs(not sure which, will ask my boss tomorrow). I work in a take away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭elaine.rodger

Hi,

I have just starting making taco chips. What I do is cook mince and then add in a jar of chilli cooking sauce from aldi and simmer to it thickens up a wee bit then I just put it over cooked chips and put grated chesse on top and I use the taco flavour of the Taste of Goodness sauces.

Its really tasty an my bf loves its too! :)

Advertisement