Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding (oil) on a Reillo RDB2 Kerosene burner ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

gord blimey lighten up peeps its christmas eve in a months time - LOL ...

Thanks NW - have emailed a place in Galway that will do a 150euro fill and asked how many litres I would get for 150euro

Well i got price back in email from them. 135ltrs for €150 - €1.11 per ltr delivered, or we carry on collecting containers of oil for €1 per ltr.

might try asking around a few more places but most wont deliver under €250 worth of oil I dont think, I checked before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

The delivery price is built into the price per ltr so the more you buy the cheaper it is per ltr, you can't blame the oil company for a high price if your looking to buy a minimum amount.

Oh well i started of this thread asking how to Bleed the oil at my RDB boiler end and its just ended up with people lecturing that you should never tinker with stuff that could kill you, or say anything that might cause another incompetant person to go fiddling. Not really that helpful really in then end, im still back to square one when it runs out again :-(

The delivery price is built into the price per ltr so the more you buy the cheaper it is per ltr, you can't blame the oil company for a high price if your looking to buy a minimum amount.

I can. They must be coming to this area anyway and deliverying to other people - so of course they could make it cheaper - just say its so and so "but we wont be in that area until ...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭jimf

Well i got price back in email from them. 135ltrs for €150 - €1.11 per ltr delivered, or we carry on collecting containers of oil for €1 per ltr.

might try asking around a few more places but most wont deliver under €250 worth of oil I dont think, I checked before.

if you know anybody in your area ordering oil ask them to pay for 150eu for you and to tell the driver its a Christmas present from them to you hed be a miserable ould so and so if he didn't give it to you at the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Oh well i started of this thread asking how to Bleed the oil at my RDB boiler end and its just ended up with people lecturing that you should never tinker with stuff that could kill you, or say anything that might cause another incompetant person to go fiddling. Not really that helpful really in then end, im still back to square one when it runs out again :-(

You Andy may not see it has helpful but people have a duty of care to others who may read the thread. We have tried to be helpful with your problem and the majority of replies on the topic agree that you would benefit from more oil in the tank, unfortunately we're not in a position to start a whip around, Christmas or not, you need to help yourself a little now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

In the UK communities would get together an organize 'buying days' where everyone clubbed together and bought maybe half or a full tanker of oil and would bargin with a distributer for a reduced price as all the deliveries where across one/two estates.

You can't blame professional people who come here from being weary about giving information that may result in an oil leak within a premise. It's called DUTY OF CARE. An oil leak within a premises can cause a lot of expensive damage, last I reported on was €50,000 of remdial works to the house (they had to demolish a rebuild a portion of the house!) So caution is advised.

And loosing the screws on the solenoid stem valve described in this post would not be a recommended action for bleeding in any case.

You would do well to listen to some of the advice given here from this likes of Billy, as these are seasoned professional who give up there time here free of charge to help people where possible.

jimf wrote: »
    if you know anybody in your area ordering oil ask them to pay for 150eu for you and to tell the driver its a Christmas present from them to you hed be a miserable ould so and so if he didn't give it to you at the same price

Thanks, might be worth a try that ....

You Andy may not see it has helpful but people have a duty of care to others who may read the thread. We have tried to be helpful with your problem and the majority of replies on the topic agree that you would benefit from more oil in the tank, unfortunately we're not in a position to start a whip around, Christmas or not, you need to help yourself a little now.

haha - dont worry mate im not looking for a hand out or charity. But theres got to be another sucessful quicker way to bleed it next time rather than fill the tank up with oil - its just a matter of finding how. Maybe if I loosen the nut on the inlet of the Fire valve a bit and put a bowl underneath to catch the oil and trapped air, maybe that might help. - I dunno whether I was dreaming or I thought some time I found a little device for oil boilers for bleeding the oil that stayed in situ - but as per normal now im looking for one i cant find it again!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

It's called a BOILER BLEED but not sure if they are still on the market.

There you go: http://www.boilerbleed.com

Merry Christmas Andy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

haha - dont worry mate im not looking for a hand out or charity. But theres got to be another sucessful quicker way to bleed it next time rather than fill the tank up with oil - its just a matter of finding how. Maybe if I loosen the nut on the inlet of the Fire valve a bit and put a bowl underneath to catch the oil and trapped air, maybe that might help. - I dunno whether I was dreaming or I thought some time I found a little device for oil boilers for bleeding the oil that stayed in situ - but as per normal now im looking for one i cant find it again!

There is a device called a Tiger Loop or De-Aerator. While it will do what you need, it is still not a good idea to keep letting your oil run out and pump run dry.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

they still wont solve your problem andy its only a tool less way of doing what your at already

DGOBS wrote: »
    It's called a BOILER BLEED but not sure if they are still on the market.
    gary71 wrote: »
    There you go: http://www.boilerbleed.com

Merry Christmas Andy.

absolutely brilliant now thats good advice and just the thing I was looking at before one time- good price too thanks for the heads up

anyone used this place before? - Ive got stuff off them in the past and they are really good : http://www.heat-tech.ie - Tiger loop on that 70quid though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

I Wouldn't have any faith in that BoilerBleed unit.
    they still wont solve your problem andy its only a tool less way of doing what your at already

At low levels, there just isn't enough pressure to push the oil through the pumps inner bits. So back to square one.

Raise you tank up !

whizbang wrote: »
    Raise you tank up !

theres an option i suppose - on that subject has the oil tank got to be dead level? i mean could the end of the tank opposite of the oil outlet tap be raised with another breezeblock or 2 so its on a slant and give it a bit of gravity im wondering?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

theres an option i suppose - on that subject has the oil tank got to be dead level? i mean could the end of the tank opposite of the oil outlet tap be raised with another breezeblock or 2 so its on a slant and give it a bit of gravity im wondering?

I think that this thread has been discussed to death, I am unfollowing it.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Wearb wrote: »
    I think that this thread has been discussed to death, I am unfollowing it.

your prerogative I suppose ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

complete opposite im afraid front of tank should be slightly raised

Advertisement