Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One TEEEE VEEEE

Options
  • 22-11-2013 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Anyone try this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Yeh I'd like to know too. I have the UPC grey Thompson box. No hdmi with it. So what's the Irish TV like? Does it even work?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭McDonnellDean

I plugged in the horizon box, the passthrough works fine but it is just that. I still need to use the remote, etc. I'd imagine neither sky or upc would be too happy handing over much control to MS, it's a pity, for the mean time I plugged it back out, after all I care more about the games.

I plugged in the horizon box, the passthrough works fine but it is just that. I still need to use the remote, etc. I'd imagine neither sky or upc would be too happy handing over much control to MS, it's a pity, for the mean time I plugged it back out, after all I care more about the games.
    When you say passthrough? Could you see channels and a guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

When you say passthrough? Could you see channels and a guide?

Basically you're watching the box via the console. Instead of plugging the box into the TV, you're plugging it into the console which is then plugged into the TV so it's exactly the same just going to the TV via one extra source.

I'd sooner use the HDMI input for the 360 tbh, allows me instant switching between consoles

niallon wrote: »

I'd sooner use the HDMI input for the 360 tbh, allows me instant switching between consoles

Yes seen this done with Mario. There is lag though so it does not work well.

I'd love to see a video of UPC on the xbox and the tv channel list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yes seen this done with Mario. There is lag though so it does not work well.

I'd love to see a video of UPC on the xbox and the tv channel list.

It won't work until UPC or Sky upgrade their boxes to the US standard of HDMI+ CEC.... which may never even happen tbh....

And of course IF MS allow it!

Its not supported over here anyway the whole switching to TV thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So pretty much it's just PIP? (Picture in Picture) That would be ok for me as my TV only allowed that with xbox 360 connected to it with vga and analogue TV so with TV through saorview I lost that functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

calex71 wrote: »
    So pretty much it's just PIP? (Picture in Picture) That would be ok for me as my TV only allowed that with xbox 360 connected to it with vga and analogue TV so with TV through saorview I lost that functionality.

Yup, it is only PIC in PIC over here, some mixed reports on how it functions, was talking to a lad earlier in the UK who tried his free view box in it, had a green hue on the screen when he watched it, got him to swap HDMI cables and it still didn't work right...

On the other hand I spoke to some lad with a virgin tv box and it seemed to work with no issues, no guide other than the standard EPG obviously as it's not supported....

Advertisement