Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ppi

Options
  • 22-11-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

hi, I jus got m ppi refunded but t went ito my credt card account which I cancelled over  a month ago, how do I get it transferred into my current account. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Are there refunds being given on ppi,got a letter months ago but heard no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kat151283

ofcork wrote: »
    Are there refunds being given on ppi,got a letter months ago but heard no more.
    yea I got a letter months ago it said they were doing reviews, anyway about a month ago I got a letter to say I was getting a refund. I assume you will get a letter if your entitled to anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

kat151283 wrote: »
     hi, I jus got m ppi refunded but t went ito my credt card account which I cancelled over  a month ago, how do I get it transferred into my current account. thanks
    Hi Kat151283,

You would be best off contacting our Credit Card department directly to query this.  You can call them on 1890 251 251, a representative will be happy to look into this on your behalf.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us on Boards.

Regards

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LFK79

Re: PPI Refund in 35 Days??

Hi there, I received a letter on 15th of Oct stating that I am due a refund from PPI, as I don't hold a BOI account it stated that I would be sent notice (by letter) then I would be sent a  cheque.

It has been over 40 days now and no sign of the refund

Thanking you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi LFK79,

Welcome to Boards and thanks for your post.

PPI notification letters usually advise that refunds are issued within 35 days however, should you wish to explore this more, you can reach them at the following postal address:

Customer Care Unit,
    Bank of Ireland,
    New Century House,
    Mayor Street Lower,
    Dublin 1.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

How are refunds of ppi decided,got a letter today saying im not entitled to any refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi ofcork,

Thanks for your post.

PPI refund cases are investigated on a case by case basis to see if a customer was mis-sold this product. If the investigation outcome is that a customer was mis-sold then a refund is given.

We hope this answers you question.

Thanks Elaine

Is there a phone number to call?

I received a letter and have heard nothing since, there only seems to be a PO Box Number!

My husband also wrote a letter about 2 weeks ago as apparently he received a refund which went to a closed bank account and has heard nothing either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi LFK79,

Thanks for taking the time to get in contact with us.

As you have received a review letter regarding your PPI claim, you can be assured that your case is under review. This team will get back to you as soon as they can. Each case is dealt with individually and some cases can take longer to work than others. We appreciate your patience with this matter.

We would suggest that your husband contacts the account holding branch where the refund was transferred to. A representative will be happy to assist him with this.

You can find contact details for Bank of Ireland branches here.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks
    Elaine

Hi again,

So after months of waiting for my refund, I received a letter stating that my PPI refund was lodged to my current loan account! The PPI refund was in relation to a loan I took out in 2008 and has long since been closed!

My question is, how can this be lodged to a different loan account when the money in question was paid for a completely different loan???

Am baffled.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

LFK79 wrote: »
    Hi again,

So after months of waiting for my refund, I received a letter stating that my PPI refund was lodged to my current loan account! The PPI refund was in relation to a loan I took out in 2008 and has long since been closed!

My question is, how can this be lodged to a different loan account when the money in question was paid for a completely different loan???

Am baffled.....
    Hi LFK79, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please contact a Lending Advisor in your local branch who will be happy to look into this for you. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here 

Thanks

Billy

Hi again,

Am baffled.....
    Hi LFK79,

Thanks for your post.

Please contact a Lending Advisor in your local branch who will be happy to look into this for you. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy
    Hi Billy, I have already done this, the girl I spoke to didn't think it was correct either, but I was told to contact PPI, which I did and got no where! Can money relating to a different loan be lodged against a new loan??

Hi again,

Am baffled.....
    Hi LFK79,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks

Billy
    Hi Billy, I have already done this, the girl I spoke to didn't think it was correct either, but I was told to contact PPI, which I did and got no where! Can money relating to a different loan be lodged against a new loan??
    Hi LFK79, 

It wouldn't be standard practice. We don't have access to account details so unfortunately can't look into the query here. If you've contacted a Lending Advisor and the PPI Team, the next step would be to get in touch with the Group Customer Complaints Team. Information and contact details can be found here 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Swampyjocks

Hi,
    I was unemployed for one year and self-employed for the last 4yrs but I am still paying PPI on a credit card I got in 2005. I was provided with the original application forms by BOI which provided no details of the PPI application or agreement terms and conditions. I have also tried my main branch on multiple occasions but cannot get a copy of terms and conditions or a definitive answer whether my policy is valid due to my self employment.

Can you please advise how I can pursue this claim?

Regards,
    Ben.

Hi Ben, 

Many thanks for posting.

You can request a copy of your application by contacting Credit Card Services. This should contain PPI details also. Credit Card Services can be contacted on 0818 251 251 / 00 353 567757747.

If you feel you were mis-sold a policy, please send a signed letter to our Group Customer Complaints Department, outlining reasons why you believe you were mis-sold the policy along with account details. If it was a joint credit card application, please ensure both parties sign the letter and send to:

Group Customer Complaints
    Bank of Ireland
    Ground Floor, New Century House
    Mayor Street Lower
    IFSC, Dublin 1

I hope this helps.

Billy 

Advertisement