Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod touch 5th Gen wont turn on.

• 22-11-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Like the title says my ipod suddenly stopped working 2 days ago and wont turn on. Only got to really have a look at it there now. Reset doesnt work. I plugged it in to the laptop with the usb lead and after 20 minutes it hadnt responded but had become unbelievably hot. Does this indicate a dead/damaged battery. Is it an easy repair or is it worth sending it back to apple? Id appreciate any help or info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

cycocycle wrote: »
    Like the title says my ipod suddenly stopped working 2 days ago and wont turn on. Only got to really have a look at it there now. Reset doesnt work. I plugged it in to the laptop with the usb lead and after 20 minutes it hadnt responded but had become unbelievably hot. Does this indicate a dead/damaged battery. Is it an easy repair or is it worth sending it back to apple? Id appreciate any help or info.

OP have you another cable you can test to charge it. that would rule out a possible faulty cable.

Also device can get hot while charging. Everyone has a different idea of what kind of heat is acceptable on the device. Now if it starts to smoke or burn you then its an issue

If you dont have another cable to test, i would contact Apple and tell them of the issue. If its in warranty they should be able to organise a repair for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Cable is ok. The heat is way more than I've felt before. It has to be causing damage. I got it for Christmas 2012. I assume its still under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

cycocycle wrote: »
    Cable is ok. The heat is way more than I've felt before. It has to be causing damage. I got it for Christmas 2012. I assume its still under warranty.

yea if it was purchased at xmas then you should be fine. Give them a call and they should help you out.

Advertisement