Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

inter county club transfer

• 22-11-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

In 2012 I transferred from my home club to a club in a different county in that I am now residing, I did not enjoy it as I am only interested in hurling and the club I transferred to decided to concentrate on football so only after 3 months and only plying a few league matches in the new club I left to return to my home club.

I left because I was nearly 30 and I did not want to play little or no hurling for the year and my home club was the only option to play hurling that year. Needless to say this did not go down too good locally and I got alot of abuse and I understand people being a bit angry and upset by it but apparently I was at fault for the whole club having a bad year. As I could not attend training regularly in my home club I went training with a senior team nearby for during the week, my experience with this club was great and I really liked it when I was training with the team.

At the start of this year I went to transfer to the senior team I had been training with and the transfer went through to Croke Park and I was informed that it had been accepted/approved and that I was clear to play for the new senior club. On the day of my first championship match I was told that a complaint had been made by the other club in my new county and I was told not to play the match, I then got a letter from the county board saying that my transfer was null and void as I could not transfer to two clubs in the same county within 96 weeks so I had to sit out the year. I played my last league match with the first club in March 2012 and the 2 year(96 weeks) is up in March 2014.

Can I in March 2014 transfer to the senior club I wanted to this year???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

homer1982 wrote: »
    In 2012 I transferred from my home club to a club in a different county in that I am now residing, I did not enjoy it as I am only interested in hurling and the club I transferred to decided to concentrate on football so only after 3 months and only plying a few league matches in the new club I left to return to my home club.

I left because I was nearly 30 and I did not want to play little or no hurling for the year and my home club was the only option to play hurling that year. Needless to say this did not go down too good locally and I got alot of abuse and I understand people being a bit angry and upset by it but apparently I was at fault for the whole club having a bad year. As I could not attend training regularly in my home club I went training with a senior team nearby for during the week, my experience with this club was great and I really liked it when I was training with the team.

At the start of this year I went to transfer to the senior team I had been training with and the transfer went through to Croke Park and I was informed that it had been accepted/approved and that I was clear to play for the new senior club. On the day of my first championship match I was told that a complaint had been made by the other club in my new county and I was told not to play the match, I then got a letter from the county board saying that my transfer was null and void as I could not transfer to two clubs in the same county within 96 weeks so I had to sit out the year. I played my last league match with the first club in March 2012 and the 2 year(96 weeks) is up in March 2014.

Far as I know the simple answer is yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

if transferring within the county you probably need to submit transfer in December

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Can I transfer in December even though the 96 weeks is not up until March???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Can I transfer in December even though the 96 weeks is not up until March???
    No, until the 96 weeks is up you can only transfer to the former club which didnt suit you.
    (it a rule that makes sense as it stops everyone making dummy intercounty transfers as a means to force through a transfer within a county that otherwise wouldnt be approved)
    A player who transfers from one County to another
    County, and within 96 weeks thereafter transfers
    back to the former County, shall rejoin the Club of
    which he was a member prior to the initial transfer
    page 72 - item (i)
    http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/official_guides/official-guide-2013-part1.pdf

Advertisement