Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Liverpool 12.45 BT Sport (Setanta Pack)

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Gavlor wrote: »
    Just to clarify that had nothing to do with anything non-football related.

me calling you a prick is non-footballing related though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

*unfollows thread*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

me calling you a prick is non-footballing related though.

Nice.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Poor form tbh

It was meant in a light hearted manner but typically has been blown out of proportion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gavlor wrote: »
    but typically has been blown out of proportion.

Just like Liverpool's title hopes?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Just like Liverpool's title hopes?

Show me one post from any Liverpool supporter claiming Liverpool are going to win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Well I have to say that was a great game that I enjoyed watching .
    How mirallas didn't walk is beyond me that was a horrible tackle . The two teams both had good spells and lukaku has a very big future ahead of him . Joe Allen's chance to make it 3 - 1 was a bad miss ! All in all a typical derby game it had lots of talking points and the football on show today was of good quality .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I wonder will LFC get an apology from Mike Riley like WBA did for the utterly stupid decision not to send Mirallas off - he took about 10 minutes to make the decision and still got it wrong

Allen miss would have put us 3-1 up too, an absolute sitter

2 key moments there cost us - you want to get Champions League football you have to put away game but limited sides like Everton

Flanagan and Allen were good, bar the sitter

Skrtel and Agger bullied again by a big man, get Sakho back in there, Lucas back on form, Gerrard needs a rest maybe, Henderson drifting back to mediocre form again

mixed performances out there, should have won, vulnerable from setpieces and counter-attack again, we may look at this game at the end of the season and regret the 2 points dropped courtesy of massive errors from Dowd and Allen

ah well at least the record of Everton not beating us until 2010 is maintained, you could see every time there was a close-up of the crowd their fans were almost bursting with hate, they've been denied again but we have bigger fish to fry and ultimately that is a poor result if we are realistically targeting CL football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

donfers wrote: »
    waffle waffle waffle

Typical waffle as per

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

ah well at least the record of Everton not beating us until 2010 is maintained, you could see every time there was a close-up of the crowd their fans were almost bursting with hate, they've been denied again but we have bigger fish to fry and ultimately that is a poor result if we are realistically targeting CL football

And Liverpool fans wonder why they are laughed at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

you want to get Champions League football you have to put away game but limited sides like Everton
    If I'm right in figuring out what that gobbledygook says...
    You kind of have to be finishing well above Everton for the last few years before callin them limited.
    You can't call a team you're competing with for the same league positions limited :confused:

Everton is not an easy place to go to if you're aspiring to win the league, never mind top 4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

They've had good seasons the last few years in fairness

And you think they'll definitely finish above 2 of Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, United and Spurs?

I fear Everton will slump towards the end of the season. It's happened before where they had great starts and then it all went down or bad starts and finished strong. Maybe it will be different with Martinez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Show me one post from any Liverpool supporter claiming Liverpool are going to win the title.

Our year.

You kind of have to be finishing well above Everton for the last few years before callin them limited.
    You can't call a team you're competing with for the same league positions limited :confused:

Yes I can, we were awful for most of the last two seasons, latter stage of last season wasn't bad but that's it

very disappointed with our performances and league position the last two seasons whereas, correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe your lot were fairly satisfied, that, in a nutshell, is the difference

I may have been a tad unfair on Everton though, when I say limited I refer more to ambition than quality, they're a decent side and not many will win there, but if Dowd had done his job we probably would have won comfortably

Yes I can, we were awful for most of the last two seasons, latter stage of last season wasn't bad but that's it

very disappointed with our performances and league position the last two seasons whereas, correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe your lot were fairly satisfied, that, in a nutshell, is the difference

I may have been a tad unfair on Everton though, when I say limited I refer more to ambition than quality, they're a decent side and not many will win there, but if Dowd had done his job we probably would have won comfortably
    Bizarre logic there man :D
    Because you weren't happy with the league positions they are misleading???
    Dare I say it, that's called delusion.

I'm not an Everton fan btw.

Bizarre logic there man :D
    Because you weren't happy with the league positions they are misleading???
    Dare I say it, that's called delusion.

I'm not an Everton fan btw.

dare i say it you've completely missed the point - where did I say anything about misleading league positions?

I'll simplify it for you

finished 6th - 8th is a satisfactory achievement for everton

finishing 6th - 8th is unacceptable for lfc

when everton fc finished above lfc in the league it's a huge thing for them

when lfc finish above everton it goes unnoticed by lfc fans because it is meaningless for us

I hope I've cleared that up for you now let's get back to discussing the game

dare i say it you've completely missed the point - where did I say anything about misleading league positions?

I'll simplify it for you

finished 6th - 8th is a satisfactory achievement for everton

finishing 6th - 8th is unacceptable for lfc

when everton fc finished above lfc in the league it's a huge thing for them

when lfc finish above everton it goes unnoticed by lfc fans because it is meaningless for us

I hope I've cleared that up for you now let's get back to discussing the game
    Doesn't make a difference how you or any other fan feels about where the teams finished. Fact is they have been hovering about in similar positions for a while now.

I'm pretty sure Everton fans are looking for Champions League qualification at the start of each season. Similar ambitions in recent times, whether you like it or not.

I'm pretty sure Everton fans are looking for Champions League qualification at the start of each seas

and you just called me delusional :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

That tackle by Mereles deserved a straight red. Looks bad from any angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Can't believe they gave MOTM to lukaku.

Michael money grabbing Owen was the man behind that call.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I'm pretty sure Everton fans are looking for Champions League qualification at the start of each season. Similar ambitions in recent times, whether you like it or not.

Ah cmon how often have Everton qualified for the CL ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    I have a scary picture of Brendan Rogers in a Leprechaun outfit which I will post if Liverpool win.

The best thing about this draw is that you will all have to wait now! ;)

and you just called me delusional :D
    So it's delusional for a team to want to improve 1 or 2 places in the league??
    If my team finished 5th or 6th, I'd be hoping to push on from that the following season.

Ah cmon how often have Everton qualified for the CL ffs
    About the same amount of times Liverpool have the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Everton is not an easy place to go to if you're aspiring to win the league, never mind top 4.

United lost a league at Goodison 2 seasons ago.

Some posters are still basing Liverpool's right to be challenging for the title on history,it's over 2 decades since they last won it.Time has moved on and Liverpool have been overtaken by the likes of United,Chelsea,Arsenal and now even City and to an extent recently Spurs.Everton have really improved in the last few seasons and are building on the foundations Moyes built there.
    Some supporters cannot accept that titles are not a God given right based on winning it back in the day.Competing for league position with "the likes of Everton" is the level Liverpool have been at for quite a while now but unfortunately they still have delusions of grandeur.

They should be delighted to have left Goodison today with a point,Mignolet saved their skin on about 7 or 8 occasions.But by some twisted logic "they should have won".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

zerks wrote: »
    United lost a league at Goodison 2 seasons ago.

Some posters are still basing Liverpool's right to be challenging for the title on history,it's over 2 decades since they last won it.Time has moved on and Liverpool have been overtaken by the likes of United,Chelsea,Arsenal and now even City and to an extent recently Spurs.Everton have really improved in the last few seasons and are building on the foundations Moyes built there.
    Some supporters cannot accept that titles are not a God given right based on winning it back in the day.Competing for league position with "the likes of Everton" is the level Liverpool have been at for quite a while now but unfortunately they still have delusions of grandeur.

They should be delighted to have left Goodison today with a point,Mignolet saved their skin on about 7 or 8 occasions.But by some twisted logic "they should have won".

that was at Old Trafford - 4 - 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

that was at Old Trafford - 4 - 4

Bad memories,I try to block it out:(:(.My point still stands about Everton though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Agueroooo wrote: »

Here ya go.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    We are most definetly going to walk the league this year now after this start. Rodgers is some manager for one manager? Our year...

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Here ya go.
    Before anyone jumps in... Sarcasm alert!!!!
    033.gif

Before anyone jumps in... Sarcasm alert!!!!
    033.gif

It's a joke click on the link in the quote. Maybe it was a poor joke but hey...:o

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's a joke click on the link in the quote. Maybe it was a poor joke but hey...:o
    I know it was a joke but some people might take it at face value. Just a heads up before anyone goes off on one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm skeptical......doesn't sound like Al at all :confused:

It's not. Click on the link in the quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

• Advertisement

Good to see Mirallas getting behind the Kick it Out campaign, no place for raciism in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Uaru wrote: »
    Good to see Mirallas getting behind the Kick it Out campaign, no place for raciism football.
    Uaru wrote: »
    Good to see Mirallas getting behind the Kick it Out campaign, no place for raciism ifootball.

A joke so good you said it twice? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dunno if this has been mentioned on here already (Im sure it has) but Lucas should have been sent off for a second yellow too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

5starpool wrote: »
    If you take out the red card yes.

If either Dowd or Allen did what they should though we win the game most of the time.
    Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Everton had more chances. Both teams missed two absolute sitters. Everton 100% should have been down to 10 men.

That game was mental.

These 2 quotes sum it up. Everton probably the better team, but should never have been given the opportunity to be so.
    Sacramento wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

Nah... I would say Liverpool were lucky to get the draw. Great game for the neutral though.

I've learned through years of watching Liverpool 'dominate' teams and 'deserving' to win, that you can not point at the shots tally and possession count and feel sorry for yourself.

Fact is Liverpool had a superb goalkeeper, and a superb freekick taker which more than negates any Everton 'dominance'.

If you don't put the ball in the net, you don't deserve anything. Likewise Liverpool can't complain about Allen's missed chance - it was a miss, he wasn't good enough.

The only time you can feel aggrieved or count yourself unlucky is when referee decisions go against you, as that is the only thing you can't control, and is the only thing that the quality of your team can not affect.

In that respect, there was only one lucky team today, and they were not wearing red.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been mentioned on here already (Im sure it has) but Lucas should have been sent off for a second yellow too

Don't think it was, but he was playing in red so it doesn't matter :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I wonder will LFC get an apology from Mike Riley like WBA did for the utterly stupid decision not to send Mirallas off - he took about 10 minutes to make the decision and still got it wrong

2 key moments there cost us - you want to get Champions League football you have to put away game but limited sides like Everton

Skrtel and Agger bullied again by a big man, get Sakho back in there, Lucas back on form, Gerrard needs a rest maybe, Henderson drifting back to mediocre form again

mixed performances out there, should have won, vulnerable from setpieces and counter-attack again, we may look at this game at the end of the season and regret the 2 points dropped courtesy of massive errors from Dowd and Allen

Everton a limited side? They finished higher in the league the last two seasons and are only 3 pts behind Liverpool at present. They've proven to be a better side then Liverpool over the last two years

As for your points about needing to beat sides like everton if you want champions league football, again I disagree.

If you're a realistic title challenger then fair enough, you need a win. But a point away from home, in a derby, against a side that finished above you in the previous two seasons is a good result. The games you need to win for CL qualification are those against the bottom half of the league sides. Couple that with a point away from home against any of the top 8 and that's top 4 form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Seriously an apology?

So every time a ref makes a mistake now he should apologise after a game.

Sure why not throw in linesmen for good measure.

Sweet Mary.

He shouldn't have been booked when he was so can't see why he should have been sent of for a second yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If players are getting sent off that easily most games would finish with 8 or 9 men.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BZ3fu3DCQAAOHTB.jpg:large

lol Jeez let it drop.

For what it's worth, there was nothing in the second and third incidents.

Still images. The definitive proof of everything ever.

In other news... Dog cleans up his own shìte.

trained%252Bdog.JPG

It's the only way the Toffees could stop Suarez and it didn't really work!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thread cleaned up, aggressive posts deleted.

I don't want to see the individuals involved doing it again on this thread or any other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement