Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with eFibre

• 22-11-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I rang up yesterday to order eFibre as I'm going to be downloading a lot of games from PS4 and Xbox now as they're pushing the whole digital thing.

But when I got onto them, they told me it's not available in my area (Finglas West), even though I went onto the crowdsourced eFibre map and there's apparently a box right down the end of my road. It also shows as available on Eircom's own map, I brought this up to them and the woman on the phone told me "well the website must be incorrect".

So what's the deal there? I actually found out about the eFibre it as I've seen many stories of people in rural Ireland having it, but being unavailable in a far more populous area like Finglas?

Was the woman on the phone just having me off as it was a free upgrade or something? It doesn't make any sense. :confused:
    It has left a sour taste in my mouth, if I wasn't tied to a contract I'd be with NTL/UPC in the morning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

For an area on the map to show "eFibre now available" only 40% of the cabinets have to be live. All round the country some parts of towns and cities are done and some are still waiting.

You must be confusing rural with not being in Dublin. No rural areas can get fibre, only urban areas at present.

What happens when you put your phone number in the line checker?

https://secure.eircom.net/fibre/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It's also possible that your line's not served by a cabinet as can happen in quite a lot of urban areas where some streets have lines that are fed from break-out points underground.

In that case, you can't get e-fibre yet anyway.

Advertisement