Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Foreman grill

Options
  • 22-11-2013 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Strange question but does anyone know which of the George Foreman grills would fit 2 slices of bread side by side?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

yellow hen wrote: »
    Strange question but does anyone know which of the George Foreman grills would fit 2 slices of bread side by side?

The 8 chicken fillet one does.

By the way, the George Foreman grills are really terrible, I find.
    I had a Tefal minute grill and it was fantastic. I used it so much it broke. I used it a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Dermighty wrote: »
    The 8 chicken fillet one does.

I had a Tefal minute grill and it was fantastic. I used it so much it broke. I used it a lot!

Oooooh, I bought a George foreman yesterday. Got it half price so hoping its good value for the price we paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I thought I wouldn't need to get a toaster when I got the George Foreman ... but the toast turns out quite hard and doesn't taste great, for some reason. It's OK for toasted sandwiches, I wouldn't bother for toast on its own though.

Honestly I don't find my GF great. It makes meat horribly dry. But maybe I'm just not using it for the right things, or in the right way! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I thought I wouldn't need to get a toaster when I got the George Foreman ... but the toast turns out quite hard and doesn't taste great, for some reason. It's OK for toasted sandwiches, I wouldn't bother for toast on its own though.

Honestly I don't find my GF great. It makes meat horribly dry. But maybe I'm just not using it for the right things, or in the right way! :o

Gotta agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Gotta agree.

I remember that from my mothers too. You need a certain amount of fat to give moisture to your meat. I only plan on doing toasties and rashers etc in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dermighty wrote: »
    +1, not only build quality but the ridges are far too high, and there is no spring to it (maybe some models do).

I have no idea what brand it was, but the best I used had very shallow ridges (so the heated plate is in proper contact with the food). It was also on springs, pushing the heated plates into the food so it transferred heat better.

The ridges make the toasties far more uneven.

You can put the grill legs up on a small platform so the oil is not just falling off, or pour the oil back on to baste it. Its weird the way they all seem to go for this "healthy" idea, when they are good for cooking "normal" food if used a little differently.

Advertisement