Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scart transmitted for my box?

• 22-11-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could purchase a scart video transmitter. One that has the IR bits to control the box from the other room. The signal literally has to travel 1m through a thin plasterboard wall to the TV in my bedroom. Thanks guys I can't find one anywhere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

maplin and argos usually have them but all wireless senders are unreliable in my opinion....would recommend a Triax Tri-Link if you can use a cable to run to the second room....as you will then be able to control the box via a magic eye which is included in the tri-Link kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭Antenna

Note that its been reported here that (unlike SKY) that UPC HD boxes disable the SCART output if HDMI is in use!!
    So running two TVs off the one box as follows - HDMI -> main TV and SCART -> 2nd TV (either direct or via videosender etc) is not possible with UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Antenna wrote: »
    Note that its been reported here that (unlike SKY) that UPC HD boxes disable the SCART output if HDMI is in use!!
    So running two TVs off the one box as follows - HDMI -> main TV and SCART -> 2nd TV (either direct or via videosender etc) is not possible with UPC.

But it would work if i am not using the HDMI input at the time. Its to send from my living room (HDMI TV) to my bedroom (scart input)...?

Advertisement