Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One NAT thread

Options
  • 22-11-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Has anyone achieved open NAT on the Xbox one using an Eircom Netopia router ?

On Xbox 360 I used PPPoE but it looks like it is not accessible on the one .

Anyone have a solution ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

nanook5 wrote: »
    Has anyone achieved open NAT on the Xbox one using an Eircom Netopia router ?

On Xbox 360 I used PPPoE but it looks like it is not accessible on the one .

Anyone have a solution ?

Go to portforward.com

Type in the model of router and search the ports to be open for Xb1, then follow the onscreen instructions....

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

set your IP as static on your Xbox one and set port forwarding for that ip. Ports mentioned in this tread.

Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

worked for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Wookster76 wrote: »
    set your IP as static on your Xbox one and set port forwarding for that ip. Ports mentioned in this tread.

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)

Were you using a Netopia 2247NWG ???

I tried port forwarding for the 360 a few years ago and that didn't work , so I resorted to PPPoE .

Fixed it . Nat type:Open YAY !

Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pegasus177

I'm having serious issues gettin the ports opened. I have the Port Forward config program that automatically does the port opening for you.. But it still says strict.
    So then I also manually opened the ports myself and still nothing. I have a huawei HG556a modem with vodafone.
    PF Config works fine with the 360 but won't work with the xb1... Any suggestions? Vodafone have been less than helpful
    Also noticed that the XB1 has a MAC address auto filled in on the network settings but the xb360 never had a MAC address, it was always blank.. Possible cause?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Slingers

nanook5 wrote: »
    Fixed it . Nat type:Open YAY !

Thanks for the help :)

Hi nanook, I'm having the same issue, could you explain how you fixed it?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

is this needed to sort the party chat issue? we are not able to turn the chat on

has anyone tried this with the upc horizon box?

ciaran75 wrote: »
    is this needed to sort the party chat issue? we are not able to turn the chat on

has anyone tried this with the upc horizon box?

I'd imagine it is,as this was a problem on the 360 too

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

never had any issues with 360, just worked without any changes to router.

will try later.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

On the eircom netopia routers you have to forward the ports AND set the firewall to Low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wookster76 wrote: »

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)

Microsoft have just recently added more ports just for the Xbox One. While I was able to achieve an open nat with the original ports I added the new ports also.

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Has anyone had success with the eFibre router? I tried and failed last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

anyone managed to open the nat type on vodafone router ?
    i used port forward site mentioned above but no change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

anyone managed to open the nat type on vodafone router ?
    i used port forward site mentioned above but no change ?

Have you got the fibre modem?If so disable the UPNP setting and restart the router and the console.It worked for me tonight.

I'll report back tomorrow evening to see if its still open.

Have you got the fibre modem?If so disable the UPNP setting and restart the router and the console.It worked for me tonight.

I'll report back tomorrow evening to see if its still open.
    Fibre if only, just the regular one

Are you using the Vodafone router or the eircom netopia router?.The router supplied by Vodafone when we first joined wouldn't work for us for some strange reason so we used the netopia router.

To get that to open i had to change the PPOE settings to

vodafone@vodafone.ie' and the password is 'broadband'
    That was on the 360 though so it might be different.
    It's the regular Vodafone router, it was strict on 360 but I opened the ports and it went to open, on the xbone I opened the ports on the website given above and it's still strict

It's the regular Vodafone router, it was strict on 360 but I opened the ports and it went to open, on the xbone I opened the ports on the website given above and it's still strict

Is the xbox one IP address set to manual with all the ports set to open for it? Including the new ports that Microsoft have been specified above.

Lower your firewall security to see if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Folks, Ive had issues since last Friday RE: NAT: Strict.

I opened ports ran ping test turned off all other chat devices - because they say the chat tool on fb and iMessage bumps up your latency - in my house and still nothing.

I then switched back to Ireland as my region and behold...NAT: Open. I still had a higher than normal latency but no lag, no dropped games and no problem finding matches in Ultimate Team.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Currently have open NAT... I think resetting my modem 15 times helped :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Currently have open NAT... I think resetting my modem 15 times helped :pac:

Any lag issues since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

trudub83 wrote: »
    Any lag issues since?

Not sure.. Xbox gold ran out last night :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Not sure.. Xbox gold ran out last night :pac:

hahaha excellent! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I got my vodafone HG658c to Open NAT using the ports listed but only after I restarted the router, didn't work until then no matter how many times I restarted the xbox,

calex71 wrote: »
    I got my vodafone HG658c to Open NAT using the ports listed but only after I restarted the router, didn't work until then no matter how many times I restarted the xbox,

I've the same router,how did you go about it?.Every time i try to give my xbox a manual ip it doesnt connect to the internet.

I've the same router,how did you go about it?.Every time i try to give my xbox a manual ip it doesnt connect to the internet.
    When you switch the ip address to manual there are other settings that have to be filled in like the subnet mask and DNS addresses.

What I do is set it the ip address to automatic first, establish a connection between the Xbox and the router and then l write down the IP address, DNS, default gateway, Subnet mask, etc and then when you switch to manual ip address fill in all these details again.

This should get your manual connection working

Forwarded all the ports listed, then go into the router settings Basic, then LAN, and on that page there is IP Address Reserve about half way down the page make a note of the mac address in the xbox settings then switch it off, then enter the mac and ip address you forwarded the ports to. Start up the xbox and nat should be open.

Forwarded all the ports listed, then go into the router settings Basic, then LAN, and on that page there is IP Address Reserve about half way down the page make a note of the mac address in the xbox settings then switch it off, then enter the mac and ip address you forwarded the ports to. Start up the xbox and nat should be open.

When i try to do that i get the following message:

"The IP address "000.00.00" has been used by a host through "DHCP" or "static" method"

When i try to do that i get the following message:

"The IP address "000.00.00" has been used by a host through "DHCP" or "static" method"

Ok back up , undo what ever you did regards manually setting an ip on the router, make sure the box for dhcp server is checked.

Ok back up , undo what ever you did regards manually setting an ip on the router, make sure the box for dhcp server is checked.

Thats the thing though, i didnt do anything on the router.Would it be the xbox?

• Advertisement

Thats the thing though, i didnt do anything on the router.Would it be the xbox?
    Are you trying to give your Xbox a manual IP address from your router? Rather than giving the Xbox a manual IP address from the console itself?

Advertisement