Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One NAT thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

calex71 wrote: »
    Ok back up , undo what ever you did regards manually setting an ip on the router, make sure the box for dhcp server is checked.

Right so i got the xbox to manual, inputted all the ports as listed and NAT is still strict.
    There seems to a difference from what microsoft and the post forwarding site indicates as to which ports to put on UDP or TCP.Post forwarding website says up put them all on tcp/upb while Microsoft says different.Which one is tight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This might be of some help to someone.

I had no problem getting my NAT open on 360, then when I got my Xbox One I forwarded the new ports.

Even after checking multiple times, all my ports were forwarded like suggested on the MS site but my NAT was still strict.

It turns out, the fact I had ports forwarded AND DMZ set to Xbox it clashed for the ONE whereas it didn't for the 360.

So I had to disable DMZ in router settings, my NAT was still strict so I had to disable UPnP, reset my router, enable UPnP, reset my router, wait 'till it loaded back up and turned my Xbox One back on and voilà my NAT was open and has been since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Says I have strict NAT type when I test my connection, but when I go onto Cod: Ghosts it says open, don't know what to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Says I have strict NAT type when I test my connection, but when I go onto Cod: Ghosts it says open, don't know what to believe.
    I have found the call of duty nat type test to be very inaccurate over the last few COD games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 steviemac247

Hi .i tried open all the ports and changing all the settings on my modem .it has changed from strict to modrate.cant see what eles i can do to get it open .is it just a eircom problem.can anyone help :(

• Advertisement

Hi .is it just eircom users is havin the nat type problem.i changed all my setting on the ports and now is saying mordrate i dont know what eles to do .can any one help me :(

Hi .i tried open all the ports and changing all the settings on my modem .it has changed from strict to modrate.cant see what eles i can do to get it open .is it just a eircom problem.can anyone help :(
    What make/model of router are you using?
    In your Xbox settings is the IP address set to manual or automatic?

What make/model of router are you using?
    In your Xbox settings is the IP address set to manual or automatic?

I have a netopia routerand the settings are on automatic on xbox settings

I have a netopia routerand the settings are on automatic on xbox settings
    For netopia, you will need to lower your firewall in the router settings.

The forwarded ports should be specifically pointing to the Xbox IP address. With an automatic IP address on the Xbox your router could assign it a different IP address every time its connected to the internet which would make the port forwards invalid.

Step 1: On the Xbox go to network settings --> advanced settings on the Xbox. With a pen and paper write down what you see on the right hand side of your screen. This should include IP address, Subnet mask and Gateway. Write down these 3 address.

Step 2: Switch your Xbox IP address to manual. It will now ask you to enter the 3 addresses that you wrote down so fill these in. That is everything sorted on the Xbox end of things.

Step 3: In your router admin go to your Firewall settings and lower the firewall, if an option says low, click it.

(When working with your router make sure you wire your PC/laptop into it so when you are changing things you dont lose your connection to the router)
    Step 4: Go to the port forward settings and enter the following ports.
    Make sure each port is using the Xbox IP address that you wrote down at step 1.

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

Save the new settings.

Step 5: Unplug the Xbox and your router for 30 seconds, don't just power them off, unplug them. Power everything back up and test your NAT type in the Xbox settings.

For netopia, you will need to lower your firewall in the router settings.

The forwarded ports should be specifically pointing to the Xbox IP address. With an automatic IP address on the Xbox your router could assign it a different IP address every time its connected to the internet which would make the port forwards invalid.

Step 1: On the Xbox go to network settings --> advanced settings on the Xbox. With a pen and paper write down what you see on the right hand side of your screen. This should include IP address, Subnet mask and Gateway. Write down these 3 address.

Step 2: Switch your Xbox IP address to manual. It will now ask you to enter the 3 addresses that you wrote down so fill these in. That is everything sorted on the Xbox end of things.

Step 3: In your router admin go to your Firewall settings and lower the firewall, if an option says low, click it.

(When working with your router make sure you wire your PC/laptop into it so when you are changing things you dont lose your connection to the router)

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

Save the new settings.

Step 5: Unplug the Xbox and your router for 30 seconds, don't just power them off, unplug them. Power everything back up and test your NAT type in the Xbox settings.

Will have to give it ago

• Advertisement

My NAT is still strict,Here is the image from my router.I cant see how it wouldn't be working

Ports.png

My NAT is still strict,Here is the image from my router.I cant see how it wouldn't be working

Ports.png
    Did you plug out the router and xbox after modifying the router settings? I find the changes never take effect until both devices are unplugged.
    In your Xbox network settings is the IP address set to manual and showing this address 192.168.1.11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Also make sure you have that UPnP option enabled and if you do and you have restarted both your router and Xbox and your NAT is still strict, then do what I mentioned above. Disable UPnP, reset router, Enable UPnP, reset router, wait for it to load up, then turn on your Xbox and check your NAT and make sure the Xbox has still kept the same ip you forwarded the ports to 192.168.1.11

Did every thing ye said lads and no change.I'm going to leave the issue rest.Im know just fearful that if i switch my router off again it wont turn back on knowing my luck.

Looking at the xbox forums the last week, strict nat seems to be a major issue with the console so it must be on MS end as it is with the party chat.Its weird because it was Open from launch day and all that weekend and it suddenly went strict.

Thanks for the advice anyway folks

Will have to give it ago

Failsafe got it open .thanks for all your help:)

After trying everything and still getting strict NAT i followed this vid and it was open.If it isn't open the first time try again and you should get it open.If it goes back to moderate the next time you turn it on just do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Anyone have any issue with Cisco EPC3925 with UPC? My NAT setting are Moderate with Xbox One But have no issue with xbox 360. I tried do the open ports but didnt work

Anyone have any issue with Cisco EPC3925 with UPC? My NAT setting are Moderate with Xbox One But have no issue with xbox 360. I tried do the open ports but didnt work

One thing I have noticed with the Xbox one is that once you successfully open the ports to the specific IP address of the Xbox you need to plug out the xbox and your router for 30 seconds and then power both up again and retry the NAT test in settings.

Filling this in could help me help you :)

Answer: Yes/No

On Xbox one in the network settings, is the Xbox One set to a manual IP address?

In your router settings are the following ports open for the manual IP address of the Xbox One?
    Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

On your router is the Firewall set to the lowest possible setting?

Is the Xbox wired into your router?

Is UPNP enabled?

Have you plugged out both the router and Xbox One for 30 seconds after modifying the settings on both devices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

I have all the correct ports forwarded but i cannot get nat open. I'm using wireless router wired not an option. I have no problem with my 360

sky23 wrote: »
    I have all the correct ports forwarded but i cannot get nat open. I'm using wireless router wired not an option. I have no problem with my 360
    What router are you using and who is you internet service provider?

When it comes to NAT the Xbox one is much more strict compared to the 360. I had the same issues however there are a few settings on both Xbox and router that need to be checked and rechecked. I have helped many gamers open NAT for many years and if I had a penny for every time I was told the ports are opened correctly
    (they may be open correctly but I just thought I'd mention it :))

The biggest mistake I have noticed in the process of getting an open NAT is people leave the Xbox IP address set to automatic, meaning every time you power on the console the ports might be open for the wrong IP address that the xbox isnt using.

The next mistake is not unplugging the XB1 and the router for at least 30 seconds after the ports have been configured.

Many people have really bad routers that do not work well with Xbox Live. There are plenty of tips and tricks mentioned in previous posts.

• Advertisement

What router are you using and who is you internet service provider?

When it comes to NAT the Xbox one is much more strict compared to the 360. I had the same issues however there are a few settings on both Xbox and router that need to be checked and rechecked. I have helped many gamers open NAT for many years and if I had a penny for every time I was told the ports are opened correctly
    (they may be open correctly but I just thought I'd mention it :))

The biggest mistake I have noticed in the process of getting an open NAT is people leave the Xbox IP address set to automatic, meaning every time you power on the console the ports might be open for the wrong IP address that the xbox isnt using.

The next mistake is not unplugging the XB1 and the router for at least 30 seconds after the ports have been configured.

Many people have really bad routers that do not work well with Xbox Live. There are plenty of tips and tricks mentioned in previous posts.

my isp is lightnet you probably never heard of them. Its a wireless signal thats picked up from a box on the chimney if that makes a different, only option at the moment except 3G.

I have set up the ip, dns etc manually on the xb1 and forwarded all ports for that ip ad, then i unplugged the xb1 and the router as you said for a couple of minutes but its still strict. I'm sure i'll get it eventually just looking through all the tips might have missed something

my isp is lightnet you probably never heard of them. Its a wireless signal thats picked up from a box on the chimney if that makes a different, only option at the moment except 3G.

I have set up the ip, dns etc manually on the xb1 and forwarded all ports for that ip ad, then i unplugged the xb1 and the router as you said for a couple of minutes but its still strict. I'm sure i'll get it eventually just looking through all the tips might have missed something
    Those can be tricky, its sounds like you have ticked all the right boxes. Maybe a different approach is needed.

Some other things to try are
    Look at the router settings for "DMZ" and enter the manual xbox IP address.

or

Set the Xbox to automatic IP address and turn on UPNP. Deactivate the ports you opened.

I'd recommend checking the strength of the signal if there is such a stat on your router for the box on the chimney. I know a few people that had to get an engineer out from the ISP to adjust it to get a better signal. Maybe post up a www.ping.net test and or a www.speedtest.net to see what you are working with.

• For netopia, you will need to lower your firewall in the router settings.

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

Save the new settings.

Great guide, this worked 100% for me

does any own and have managed to get the nat open with Belkin F5D7231-4 Wireless G Plus Router? I have tried all the suggestions posted here and its has stayed strict. I have put manual ip on xb1. turned on DMZ, i have forward all the necessary ports (separately and at the same time). I have tried putting xb1 at auto iP and turning UPNP on. i plugged out router and xb1 everytime i tried these as was suggested too still nat is strict. does this router just not work well with xbox one? anyone suggest a good cheap wireless router for this?

I see suggestions for other routers to turn firewall to low setting. my router only has enable/disable option maybe a very stupid question but if i disable the firewall and see if that helps. would that be advisable?

I see suggestions for other routers to turn firewall to low setting. my router only has enable/disable option maybe a very stupid question but if i disable the firewall and see if that helps. would that be advisable?
    With some routers that were unbelievably bad I had to fully disable the firewall to open the NAT. I never noted any adverse effects doing this. If your into gaming I highly recommend shelling out decent money for a good router. I use Netgear N600. Cheap routers only cost you more money in the long run. I really don't like Belkin Devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

XBOX 360 / XBOX ONE
    UDP: 53; 88; 3074; 3659
    TCP: 53; 80; 3074; 3659

These are the latest ports to be open. I think 3659 is a new one or just recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Probably looks like spamming, not intended but thought I'd throw this in here as well

I've a Netopia 2247-62 router. (Motorola)

I've been having difficulty trying to pull my NAT down from strict to open since I picked up an Xbox One, it's causing hassle with party chat.

Cutting to the chase, in my Netopia settings I'm trying to set up the port forwarding for Xbox One.

I made a mess of a previous attempt.

I've tried making another attempt at setting these ports up again http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-o...used-xbox-live

Problem is, when trying to re-submit these, my previous setting are coming up, that I made an error of. Which is preventing me from advancing past the port range - they overlap.

Is there a way I can remove the previous batch of port ranges I entered? I disabled it, but am I able to remove them as I want to submit the new ones.

(probably not explained too well I'll add)

Edit:

Options on the router include:
    Home
    Configure (Connection, LAN/WAN, Wireless, Advanced)
    Statistics (DSL, ATM, Ethernet, IP, LAN, Wireless, Logs)
    Diagnostics
    Remote Access
    Update Router
    Reset Router
    Restart Router
    Basic Mode
    Help

I've looked in everything, and nothing looks visible to me to remove. Help not exactly aiding my cause either. I'm stumped at this stage. Really am.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pegasus177

I posted on this before looking for help. I managed to get my NAT to open and I found a neat little trick.
    I was forever going through every possible route to open my NAT but it was still coming up strict.
    First to explain what I tried...
    I had the Xbox One ports set to those given by port forward on their guide. I then did this again by using Port forward config. I also set the static IP into the DMZ so it had direct access. This still didn't work and I was stumped. Having a direct line should have worked.
    The ISP's in Ireland aren't going to help... Infact their knowledge of Networks and NAT is ridiculous.. After some reading I knew more about than what they seemed to know.
    Anyway....
    A friend advised me to try this.....
    When you have set up your port forwarding go to your Xbox One>settings>Network.. If it still says strict.. click on 'test multiplayer connection'
    Let the test come back good. When it says "everything is good" press LB,LT,RB,RT all together. This will bring up the test results. Now back out and it the NAT is open.
    Strange I know...
    I think that the system doesn't recognise that the NAT has been opened and somehow following this procedure updates the system and makes it realise the ports have been opened.
    Hope this helps some of you guys out..
    I noticed other are having issues that seem to be based in the modem/router itself... But for those who have followed port forwarding guide I recommend you try this out

• Advertisement

Pegasus177 wrote: »
    Let the test come back good. When it says "everything is good" press LB,LT,RB,RT all together.

hmm isn't that what you press for the "make xbox360 games play on xb1 " prank that actually just turns it into a dev kit and then bricks it?

Advertisement