Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One NAT thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Maybe reset your modem or try testing multiplayer connection in network settings

tried that
    no difference, ghost was the same moderate nat type but testing the xbox show open nat type

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

tried that
    no difference, ghost was the same moderate nat type but testing the xbox show open nat type

Are you finding it hard to find games?

Are you finding it hard to find games?

no problem at allfinding games, but it is surely limiting my gaming experience
    when i was on ghost i was constantly in lobbies with americans and australians
    not sure about the lobbies of players im geting now on advanced warfare, one lobby was french, so thats a bit closer lol

no problem at allfinding games, but it is surely limiting my gaming experience
    when i was on ghost i was constantly in lobbies with americans and australians
    not sure about the lobbies of players im geting now on advanced warfare, one lobby was french, so thats a bit closer lol

Well as long as your getting games and not lagging its not that bad? I often play on moderate nat and tbh dont realy see a differance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hope someone can help
    Xbox one nat type is open
    Playing advanced warfare nat type is moderate
    any ideas on how to rectify this ?

What's ports do you have open on your router?

Who is your ISP?

Are you using DSL, wireless, cable broadband?

• Advertisement

What's ports do you have open on your router?

Who is your ISP?

Are you using DSL, wireless, cable broadband?

I opened all the ports listed on port forward site
    Have a wired connection currently using vodafone fibre powered broadband

Test multiplayer on xbox and its fine, nat type is open
    On advanced warfare it's moderate
    It's a strange one

I opened all the ports listed on port forward site
    Have a wired connection currently using vodafone fibre powered broadband

Test multiplayer on xbox and its fine, nat type is open
    On advanced warfare it's moderate
    It's a strange one

Do you have a link for the port forwarding guide you are using.

Not at the moment
    I'm on the phone
    I did it when the xbox one first came out
    It was using portforward.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Failsafe, you're some man for helping people out with NAT problems :cool:

I think you should set up a service where you remotely open peoples ports using 'Teamviewer' to make life easier on everyone :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Failsafe, you're some man for helping people out with NAT problems :cool:

I think you should set up a service where you remotely open peoples ports using 'Teamviewer' to make life easier on everyone :D

lol, been doing it since 2007 :D

I cant stand to see gamers have **** experience due to NAT issues.

• Advertisement

lol, been doing it since 2007 :D

I helped a few friends out with theres but after so many times trying to explain over the mic to them what to do you get sick of it and say right, download this (teamviewer) give me the details and let me open it for you! lol

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Vodafone/VodafoneBox/Xbox_One.htm

Do you have the Xbox set to a manual IP address?

i do yes
    are these the correct ports to open

i do yes
    are these the correct ports to open

They are.

The only set missing from the guide is to unplug the router and the Xbox One for about 30 seconds and power them up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's weird. I have my Xbox One connected to my modem through an ethernet cable, the ports for it are open, on all other games the NAT is Open but with CoD AW, it says it's strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Raphaholic

Newbie here! Quick question, we received an arris tg1672gateway 2 months back and I have had nothing but problems with it. I recently went in and set the port forwards on the gateway and also set static on the xbox1 (I guess by that I mean I set it to manual) anyways I tried a check to see if the ports were open and received an error that they in fact are not. Any help? I keep getting booted from games where I could play one match and when the next match starts it will kick me out

Raphaholic wrote: »
    Newbie here! Quick question, we received an arris tg1672gateway 2 months back and I have had nothing but problems with it. I recently went in and set the port forwards on the gateway and also set static on the xbox1 (I guess by that I mean I set it to manual) anyways I tried a check to see if the ports were open and received an error that they in fact are not. Any help? I keep getting booted from games where I could play one match and when the next match starts it will kick me out

What ISP are you with?

Are you wired into your router or using wireless?

What game are you currently getting kicked from?

Are the following port numbers pointing to your XB1 IP address?

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)

When you complete port forwarding ensure you plug out the router and the XB1 for 30 seconds and then power them up and re-check in your settings >> network

I am with Brighthouse. I keep getting booted from advanced warfare. Yes, I have ensured that I do have all those ports forwarded and did unplug both

I am with Brighthouse. I keep getting booted from advanced warfare. Yes, I have ensured that I do have all those ports forwarded and did unplug both

Look for UPNP somewhere in your router settings and make sure its enabled.

This instructions might be incorrect depending on your router version.

Go to Wireless, From the submenu on the top select LAN Setup.
    Toggle UPnP.

• Advertisement

Hey Failsafe, I have a vodafone router. let's say I enter the xbox ip as the remote host, do i use the same for internal host? Also, I use the xbox ports lets say 53 in both start port and end port, what do i put in the internal port box?
    OfRXaUD.png

Look for UPNP somewhere in your router settings and make sure its enabled.

This instructions might be incorrect depending on your router version.

Go to Wireless, From the submenu on the top select LAN Setup.
    Toggle UPnP.

It is enabled. I have done everything with this garbage can gateway. Port forwarding removing port forwarding enabling dmZ it all doesn't work. I have even done the both bumper both trigger trick to open up the nat but I still get booted

Hey Failsafe, I have a vodafone router. let's say I enter the xbox ip as the remote host, do i use the same for internal host? Also, I use the xbox ports lets say 53 in both start port and end port, what do i put in the internal port box?

Just enter the Xbox IP address into the internal host and leave external blank.

It is enabled. I have done everything with this garbage can gateway. Port forwarding removing port forwarding enabling dmZ it all doesn't work. I have even done the both bumper both trigger trick to open up the nat but I still get booted

Is your Xbox wired into the router or are you using wireless?

Can you take a pic of your Xbox network settings (Ip address, DNS, etc) and a pic of your router displaying the ports for me.

You'd be surprised the amount of times I have checked peoples settings who have said I don't need to look because everything is perfect :D
    This may not be the case but its good to look it over.

Just enter the Xbox IP address into the internal host and leave external blank.

So use the internal host but leave the *REMOTE host blank is it?

Cheers. ;)

Is your Xbox wired into the router or are you using wireless?

Can you take a pic of your Xbox network settings (Ip address, DNS, etc) and a pic of your router displaying the ports for me.

You'd be surprised the amount of times I have checked peoples settings who have said I don't need to look because everything is perfect :D
    This may not be the case but its good to look it over.

It's wireless. And absolutely I will. When I get home I'll post pictures of everything you asked for. I'd rather be corrected than not

So use the internal host but leave the *REMOTE host blank is it?

Cheers. ;)

From the way I am looking at it, I think that should be the case.

Be sure to unplug the Xbox and router for 30 seconds when the port forwarding is done and boot up the Xb1 and check the result.

All i have to do is plug out my modem for 30seconds and test connection on xbox and 80% of the time its open, i have no ports open and the only setting i changed was putting the firewall to low. Why is this?

All i have to do is plug out my modem for 30seconds and test connection on xbox and 80% of the time its open, i have no ports open and the only setting i changed was putting the firewall to low. Why is this?

A lot of the time uPnP will open the ports on routers. My Vodafone at home router has my Xbox NAT open by default without me manually forwarding ports.

• Advertisement

A lot of the time uPnP will open the ports on routers. My Vodafone at home router has my Xbox NAT open by default without me manually forwarding ports.

Oh rite , so mine is obviously the same? Its a zyxel modem from eircom

Advertisement