Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One NAT thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Oh rite , so mine is obviously the same? Its a zyxel modem from eircom

As long as it says open in Xbox system settings you're good to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    As long as it says open in Xbox system settings you're good to go :)

The odd time its moderate or strict but thats only if the gf is playing on the 360 . Just reset the modem and its open again :) cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tried that
    no difference, ghost was the same moderate nat type but testing the xbox show open nat type

COD needs additional ports opened.

Xbox One

TCP: 80
    UDP: 88, 500, 3544, 4500
    TCP and UDP: 53, 3074, 3075, 3076 (Ghosts)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys posted in the Xbox page but was directed here.

I've had an open Nat with my one for ages now with Vodafone using wireless.

I invested in a set of homeplugs but now need help setting up the One with them as I'm getting a strict Nat and can't connect to anything.

Any help would be great.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys posted in the Xbox page but was directed here.

I've had an open Nat with my one for ages now with Vodafone using wireless.

I invested in a set of homeplugs but now need help setting up the One with them as I'm getting a strict Nat and can't connect to anything.

Any help would be great.

Hey bud. I also have Vodafone router. I have open NAT when using wifi as this is how I originally forwarded my ports and set a manual IP on the xbox.

When I switch to my homeplugs, it also goes to strict but I notice it has changed the IP on the xbox.

Have you re configured the router and xbox so that the ports are being forwarded to a manual ip and that ip is the one set up on the xbox whilst using homeplugs?

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Hey bud. I also have Vodafone router. I have open NAT when using wifi as this is how I originally forwarded my ports and set a manual IP on the xbox.

When I switch to my homeplugs, it also goes to strict but I notice it has changed the IP on the xbox.

Have you re configured the router and xbox so that the ports are being forwarded to a manual ip and that ip is the one set up on the xbox whilst using homeplugs?

Hey Misky, on wireless I have a static IP set for the Xbox, 192.168.1.9

Do I just have to set the wired one to the exact same details as I have created for wireless ?

Sorry just plugged them in this morning and didn't have much time to play around with them.

Hey Misky, on wireless I have a static IP set for the Xbox, 192.168.1.9

Do I just have to set the wired one to the exact same details as I have created for wireless ?

Sorry just plugged them in this morning and didn't have much time to play around with them.

Just check on your xbox first of all Settings>Network>Advanced and see what the IP address on the right hand side is. Make sure it's 192.168.1.9 when using homeplugs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think you need a different static ip to the wireless settings. I had similar issues and the Xbox would keep changing the ip if I tried to use the same one.

Ok guys I have it up and running now. I had to assign a different IP in the end so at least now I can connect to live.

Still having the strict problem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok guys I have it up and running now. I had to assign a different IP in the end so at least now I can connect to live.

Still having the strict problem though.

I'll post my settings in a few , no need to be setting static IP's, you do it with reservations to make sure you get the same one every time, so once you set it once you should have no issues in the future.

• Advertisement

These are the settings I have on my Vodafone router for open nat on the One, same settings can be used for the 360 also.

IP address resevation, you should be able to check your MAC / IP on the Xbox network settings, then set that up here so you get the same IP address every time, with out having to set a static address. I have a few devices set up like that here which is why there are multiple entries , plex server, 360 etc.
    57BEBB2A097843478EF3A31FA9ADF834-0000317783-0003699230-00800L-BB4EE9DD1C25465EB374986F4AF71308.jpg

Nat table ports forwarded, using the same IP you learned from the Xbox One.
    C49B40409A7B4F60B7260826D95907DC-0000317783-0003699229-00800L-BB28F660AA1A4BFA93D33C3A6A200492.jpg

This is my DMZ setting, I wasn't able to get NAT to open without setting this up, others have said they have done it without this step but try it if you have problems after forwarding the ports.

5EAD21CD7A9E45E8BDEA857C1C7977AB-0000317783-0003699231-00800L-8008759F3C8641D1AFB71447D80867A2.jpg

calex71 wrote: »
    These are the settings I have on my Vodafone router for open nat on the One, same settings can be used for the 360 also.

IP address resevation, you should be able to check your MAC / IP on the Xbox network settings, then set that up here so you get the same IP address every time, with out having to set a static address. I have a few devices set up like that here which is why there are multiple entries , plex server, 360 etc.
    57BEBB2A097843478EF3A31FA9ADF834-0000317783-0003699230-00800L-BB4EE9DD1C25465EB374986F4AF71308.jpg

Nat table ports forwarded, using the same IP you learned from the Xbox One.
    C49B40409A7B4F60B7260826D95907DC-0000317783-0003699229-00800L-BB28F660AA1A4BFA93D33C3A6A200492.jpg

This is my DMZ setting, I wasn't able to get NAT to open without setting this up, others have said they have done it without this step but try it if you have problems after forwarding the ports.

5EAD21CD7A9E45E8BDEA857C1C7977AB-0000317783-0003699231-00800L-8008759F3C8641D1AFB71447D80867A2.jpg

Thanks for this calex. I have an older Vodafone broadband modem. I was just missing some the open ports and had forgot to change the DMZ from the wireless IP to the wired one.

All sorted now and have an open Nat on a wired connection :) hopefully no more drops when playing anymore !!

Mine looks the exact same as them router screenshots but mine doesn't have the DMZ option. Only noticed now :S

Doesn't matter tho as mine is open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Ok lads ports and all this craic are way over my head but just a simple question,

Will i get an improved speed if i connect my router to my xb1 using the ethernet cable opposed too just wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ok lads ports and all this craic are way over my head but just a simple question,

Will i get an improved speed if i connect my router to my xb1 using the ethernet cable opposed too just wireless?

Yes and a more stable connection which is important for gaming.

Can't say by how much but wired will always trump wireless.

Do you have issues at the minute?

At the end of the day wired or wireless , if the pings are high or you are dopping packets on the connection in general then how the xbox connects to the network is irrelevant.

In most cases baring interference or dropouts/blackspots caused by distance from the router and stuff between the router and the xbox , difference between wired and wireless should be minimal and not enough for you to notice a difference in wired or wireless, as failsafe said wired is always better as it's a constant link and doesn't have the same things that can interfere with it as wireless but it's not always practical to connect with a cable.... I remember having to run a cable from a router up the stairs back in the day :D

TLDR: If it's practical to wire your connection then do it

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, But this is a easy way to open your nat if it's strict or moderate and saves you from doing all the port side of things

Step 1. Go to network.

Step 2. Test Multiplayer Connection.

Step 3. When done hold the 4 bumpers on the top of your controller together at the same time.

Step 4. Now it comes up with a little screen for your detailed network statistics, Now wait for your detailed nat info to be done should take 30 seconds at most, Now once it says " YOUR NETWORK IS BEHIND A CONE NAT " Just press a and then hit continue, If it does not say it's behind a cone nat just keep trying until it does!

Hope this helps people out!

Daaryl wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, But this is a easy way to open your nat if it's strict or moderate and saves you from doing all the port side of things

Step 1. Go to network.

Step 2. Test Multiplayer Connection.

Step 3. When done hold the 4 bumpers on the top of your controller together at the same time.

Step 4. Now it comes up with a little screen for your detailed network statistics, Now wait for your detailed nat info to be done should take 30 seconds at most, Now once it says " YOUR NETWORK IS BEHIND A CONE NAT " Just press a and then hit continue, If it does not say it's behind a cone nat just keep trying until it does!

Hope this helps people out!

That doesn't really fix or open anything, the xbone is just reporting on what it sees. If your nat type is fluctuating then it will easily fluctuate mid game or party and you'll get dumped out. The only way to ensure an always open NAT is to open your ports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hey all

I have UPC horizon however when I play online on xbox one wireless, it keeps booting me out of games eg call of duty aw and ac unity. The Netflix works fine and I have full wireless on my iphone 4s through the horizon wifi.

Is there any way I can rectify this as I can’t change the supplier of internet as I’m renting with others and the router is downstairs and I can’t get an Ethernet wire through the house.

Also my xbox one headset is not working, when in a party or normal game chat. I cannot hear other people and my friends have said they have heard a static beep from my headset. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I have already updated the controller to my xbox one. It worked before and I have turned off the xbox and unplugged it but it still will not work.

recyclops wrote: »
    Hey all

I have UPC horizon however when I play online on xbox one wireless, it keeps booting me out of games eg call of duty aw and ac unity. The Netflix works fine and I have full wireless on my iphone 4s through the horizon wifi.

Is there any way I can rectify this as I can’t change the supplier of internet as I’m renting with others and the router is downstairs and I can’t get an Ethernet wire through the house.

Also my xbox one headset is not working, when in a party or normal game chat. I cannot hear other people and my friends have said they have heard a static beep from my headset. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I have already updated the controller to my xbox one. It worked before and I have turned off the xbox and unplugged it but it still will not work.

If you can't move the router you could always give a set of homeplugs a try.
    I bought a set before Christmas and my connection is so much more stable.

• Advertisement

If you can't move the router you could always give a set of homeplugs a try.
    I bought a set before Christmas and my connection is so much more stable.

Homeplugs/ Powerline Adapters all day long! :D

Edit: These recylops: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1397640/Trail/searchtext%3EHOMEPLUGS.htm

Hey all

Whats your NAT type? You don't need to move the router.

Which headset, the little one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

The Nat is on moderate. The little headset is back working again tonight.

Edit: Detailed nat information your network is behind a port restricted nat
    The Netflix is acting the ham tonight.

Moderate is usually grand, usually.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

^^ more info there but essentially open ports and forward them on your router and you should be on OPEN, that might fix your issues.

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)

^^ those ports. Also consider walking though the troubleshooter in the link above as it may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Edit: Detailed nat information your network is behind a port restricted nat

Have you setup the port forward section of your Horizon box

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TomMcGouj

Have you setup the port forward section of your Horizon box

Hi I'm in the exact same situation as recyclops.

I have inputted all the ports listed previously, my Nat is at open and still I lose connectivity with 30secs-2 mins depending on any multiplayer game I play eg (cod advanced ware fare or ac unity) I even added the port 80 tcp along with the rest listed previously on this thread and still it's not working. Is there anything further I can do? Any further help would be really really appreciated. Multiplayer and network connection tests both indicate everything is 100% Can't change the supplier as I too am renting so I'm stuck with UPC horizon for my sins.

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TomMcGouj wrote: »
    Hi I'm in the exact same situation as recyclops.

I have inputted all the ports listed previously, my Nat is at open and still I lose connectivity with 30secs-2 mins depending on any multiplayer game I play eg (cod advanced ware fare or ac unity) I even added the port 80 tcp along with the rest listed previously on this thread and still it's not working. Is there anything further I can do? Any further help would be really really appreciated. Multiplayer and network connection tests both indicate everything is 100% Can't change the supplier as I too am renting so I'm stuck with UPC horizon for my sins.

Thanks

Are you wired or wireless? If wireless, then try it wired just to rule it out.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Are you wired or wireless? If wireless, then try it wired just to rule it out.

Wireless, unfortunately the router is downstairs and my room is upstairs where the xbox one is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TomMcGouj wrote: »
    Wireless, unfortunately the router is downstairs and my room is upstairs where the xbox one is.

Hmm. You can't even temporarily move it down, just to try it out? If you can confirm that it plays OK over a wired connection, then there are options available then.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hmm. You can't even temporarily move it down, just to try it out? If you can confirm that it plays OK over a wired connection, then there are options available then.

Yes I think your right to test it downstairs first. I'm going to try that tomorrow to see if it works wired. I'll post the result tomorrow evening. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement