Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One NAT thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

deco nate wrote: »
    Doesnt that add lag if used for gaming?

it can, but if you're serious about online gaming, you should be hardwired anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Lads what's the latest list of ports that need to be open.Have moderate at the minute but cod ghosts I can't use a headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Lads what's the latest list of ports that need to be open.Have moderate at the minute but cod ghosts I can't use a headset.

Taken from Xbox.com

Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:
    Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

TCP: 80
    UDP: 88, 500, 3544, 4500
    TCP and UDP: 53, 3074, 3075
    ^^ cod needs an extra port sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Not sure if this thread is dead or not, but really asking for a friend. I was looking through my router settings and saw something called "ip pass through" I've done a bit of looking around but can't find an answer to this. If I put in the correct Mac addresses (which is what it wants) could I get an open Nat on multiple Xbox ones? From what I read, it should work but has anyone done it?

• Advertisement

Nolimits wrote: »
    Not sure if this thread is dead or not, but really asking for a friend. I was looking through my router settings and saw something called "ip pass through" I've done a bit of looking around but can't find an answer to this. If I put in the correct Mac addresses (which is what it wants) could I get an open Nat on multiple Xbox ones? From what I read, it should work but has anyone done it?

I havent had to do it but it should work - i assume just opening the ports didnt work?

I havent had to do it but it should work - i assume just opening the ports didnt work?

Well as I said it's more than one Xbox, it's 3 actually so only one console has the ports open.

Well as I said it's more than one Xbox, it's 3 actually so only one console has the ports open.

That doesnt make sense to me, the console has no ports to open. The ports are on your network hardware, i.e your router. Once the router etc is configured you can have as many consoles on it with an open NAT as you want.

Are you thinking of maybe a static ip assigned to the console?

That doesnt make sense to me, the console has no ports to open. The ports are on your network hardware, i.e your router. Once the router etc is configured you can have as many consoles on it with an open NAT as you want.

Are you thinking of maybe a static ip assigned to the console?
    But once one Xbox is using the ports the other two can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Are you thinking of port forwarding? You need to use port triggering which you don't have to define a single IP to and you don't have to set a static IP on your xbox.

If you set it up as port triggering with all the relevant ports required for Xbox, then them ports should open as needed for whatever requests them.

"Port Triggering == Open these ports whenever a device on my network requests access.
    Port Forwarding == Open these ports only for this specific device on my network
    DMZ == Give this one device total unrestricted and unfirewalled access to the internet, but also make it so no other devices on my network can talk to or stream to this one device."

• Advertisement

Technically that is correct but practically speaking with uPNP you can have loads of devices on the same network using the same ports. Just enable it on the router and you should be good to go, assuming the router is anyway half decent.

For multiple Xbox on one router I recommend UPNP set to on and each Xbox set to automatic IP address. Deactivate any existing port forwarding for the Xbox in the router admin section.

I actually tried to enable upnp for him a while ago. I wasn't very confident it would work because I hear it's very badly implemented in a lot of routers and he has an old router from UPC. We actually tried to get them to do a factory reset and they said that they did but nothing changed.

I actually tried to enable upnp for him a while ago. I wasn't very confident it would work because I hear it's very badly implemented in a lot of routers and he has an old router from UPC. We actually tried to get them to do a factory reset and they said that they did but nothing changed.

Ya some are crap, consider buying a better router or just add a second router to his network and you can port forward that one as well as the original.

Sometimes after opening all ports changing settings etc it might still show as strict until you hard reset the Xbox.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sometimes after opening all ports changing settings etc it might still show as strict until you hard reset the Xbox.
    Yep, like Misky said. The Xbox One is very stubborn to show up as OPEN on the NAT status.

When you have a router and Xbox One set up for open NAT plug both out for 30 seconds then plug them back in and power them up.

You just need to run "test network connection" from settings/network to force it, no need to hard boot.

You just need to run "test network connection" from settings/network to force it, no need to hard boot.

Doesn't always work for me, only yesterday sorting out nat for a friend, test network, still strict, hard reset, waited 30 seconds, turned back on & open.

It's all temperamental.

Doesn't always work for me, only yesterday sorting out nat for a friend, test network, still strict, hard reset, waited 30 seconds, turned back on & open.

It's all temperamental.

It's forces a network recheck, same as a hard reset. If you'd waited 30 seconds and ran the check again you'd have had the same effect but saved a minute or two waiting for boot. Not a big deal or anything, but that's what that button does. On the 360 its pretty much the same but also helps pull down any errant updates.

It's forces a network recheck, same as a hard reset. If you'd waited 30 seconds and ran the check again you'd have had the same effect but saved a minute or two waiting for boot. Not a big deal or anything, but that's what that button does. On the 360 its pretty much the same but also helps pull down any errant updates.

Cool, I'll try wait longer in future and check it out. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd throw this in here, to get an open nat on Black Ops 3 you'll need to open port 3075

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/networking-hardware/10__xbox_live_port_list/f/5515/t/2068850.aspx

I've done it, and can confirm that I now have an open nat.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Belatedly got the NAT open. New router which we were entitled to has done the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Any idea why COD games always show my NAT as Moderate, when every other game (that displays NAT status) and the xbox one itself display it as Open?

Any idea why COD games always show my NAT as Moderate, when every other game (that displays NAT status) and the xbox one itself display it as Open?

They have always needed an extra port open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Looking for advice on dealing with packet loss, I have followed the Xbox support sites advice still is hitting 30% and higher, it's making online gaming impossible

tripperman wrote: »
    Looking for advice on dealing with packet loss, I have followed the Xbox support sites advice still is hitting 30% and higher, it's making online gaming impossible

Wired? Change network cable, move closer to router. If you are wireless try changing channels, or just go to wired.

I also believe the length of phone line coming from your outlet to your router can affect it. If you have a regular 1 metre or so cable you should be fine but if you have something like 20 feet you'd be better off moving the router closer to the outlet and using a shorter cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I'm a wired connection with xbox, router is 4feet or less from socket/internet connection point, xbox is only a foot from the router on same cabinet top

I'm a wired connection with xbox, router is 4feet or less from socket/internet connection point, xbox is only a foot from the router on same cabinet top

Change the network cable, plug a laptop in to the router and run a network quality check like http://www.pingtest.net/

• Advertisement

What type of broadband are you using? DSL, cable, wireless, etc.

Advertisement