Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who Special in Cinema

Options
  • 22-11-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Anybody going to the cinema to watch the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special tomorrow(23rd)??

According to the IMC website, it's showing in Athlone and Mullingar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

im going. cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭LurkingLurker

tbh i didn't think it'd be showing in those cinema although i had hoped it would, i only found out earlier this week and figured all the tickets would be sold out.

Plus none of my friends are into DW so i would of been going on my own, not that that's a problem but i also feared having to put up with screaming fangirls.

I'm just gonna watch it comfortably in my sitting room by a cozy fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

But its in 3d.

Lurking. I always go to the flicks on my own. Believe me. When you don't have to wait on the Mr/Mrs or ponder to the needs of a kid or friend, you get a chance to enjoy the film better. Your drink, popcorn and your seat choice .. your night out as a reward to yourself.

Only way to enjoy a flick is with your own company.

I know it'd be cool to see in 3D and on the big screen but it's not exactly vital to the story, i'd rather watch it by a warm fire, i'm rather cold.

My friends are rather punctual so i never have that problem, not saying i find the idea of going to the cinema on your own abhorrent, but i do enjoy having someone to discuss the film afterwards.

ONLY 3 HOURS AND 10 MINUTES TO GO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Went to see it in Mullingar. It was awesome :D I'm going to miss Matt Smith as the doctor. I like his goofy fun portrayal of him.

• Advertisement

Pity it was only an hour, would of loved to see more of the Daleks and Timelords battling using space-time warping weapon.

But yeah it was enjoyable, looking forward to seeing Capaldi as The Doctor, his evil stare cameo was brilliant, can't wait for the Christmas episode.

Advertisement