Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave Mug Brownies

Options
  • 22-11-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I came upon this fad online recently and decided to see what all the fuss is about. I know all the pro bakers will be waiting to lord in with their opinions on microwave cooking in general but I'd prefer this thread be more focused on peoples opinion of the brownie in question!

How to make one
    Add to a mug

4 Tbsp Flour
    1 Tsp Sugar
    4 Tbsp Hot chocolate mix
    A dash of salt

Mix these dry then add

2 tbsp veg oil
    3 tbsp water

Mix till a smooth batter forms and flatten in mug
    Stick in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds

Eat from Mug.

So I've just eaten one and I have to say they ain't bad at all. For something that took little preparation and cooking it's a fairly tasty treat. Albeit with a high sugar content.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

My daughters make them every now and again. Don't know why I haven't made them myself but they are delicious .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

moved to cakes and bakes

You wrote "1 teaspoon of sugar". Are you sure that's what you meant?

I've never made one because the original recipe that was floating around a few years ago came in at over 1,000 calories per mug. Your recipe doesn't seem as bad, but I suspect your sugar measurement is way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Faith wrote: »
    moved to cakes and bakes

You wrote "1 teaspoon of sugar". Are you sure that's what you meant?

I've never made one because the original recipe that was floating around a few years ago came in at over 1,000 calories per mug. Your recipe doesn't seem as bad, but I suspect your sugar measurement is way off.

I find 1 tsp is enough as the brownie is very small. But by all means if you don't find it sweet enough you can add some extra sugar or one thing I've been meaning to try is chocolate chips.

EDIT: Aha I think I may see the error here, was chatting to my missus about her cocoa powder, it is in fact drinking chocolate mix (she calls it cocoa) which would of course contain a good amount of sugar in it so that is likely where the sweetness in mine is coming from. I'll sub it in to the original recipe above.

Advertisement