Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TT Bike or second hand

Options
  • 23-11-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Buying a TT bike.

What do people think. I am buying a bike in next few weeks. I was looking at second hand on done deal etc.

Obviously, I can get a better one second hand with the associated risks.

Anyone been stung with a second hand bike - how do you tell if it has been crashed other than obvious signs?

Also a new one will ensure the best possible fit.

Was only looking at second hand but am beginning to think new but lower spec is the way to go - Anyone see any good deals around?

Budget for new 2-2.5k (if I get bike to work)

Budget for 2nd hand 1.5-1.6k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Podge83 wrote: »
    Buying a TT bike.

What do people think. I am buying a bike in next few weeks. I was looking at second hand on done deal etc.

Anyone been stung with a second hand bike - how do you tell if it has been crashed other than obvious signs?

Was only looking at second hand but am beginning to think new but lower spec is the way to go - Anyone see any good deals around?

My dolan is on donedeal now..medium size

..will leave it go for 1700 euro
    Regards bs

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Podge83 wrote: »
    Buying a TT bike.

Regards bs

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

butrasgali wrote: »

Regards bs

52cm is too small.

Thanks all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

There tends to be better value in the secondhand market.

It might be worth talking to your LBS to see if they have any secondhand bikes too.

I've never had any issues with secondhand bikes. Then again I've always gone through my LBS for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Pity my Felt B12 doesn't fit you !

Oh and anyone else reading i'm selling my 54cm Felt B12 !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Eurocycles, Felt B10, Di2 shifting. €2,599.

http://eurocycles.com/ie/product/felt/b10

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emmk

Hi Podge83,

There are some safer purchases than others, bike wise second hand. Someone is the owner of an aggressive MT bike has been everywhere with it off road and down big hills built for purpose but ware and tare is accelerated. TT bike by nature are used very little. Their owners have at least one other bike that they ride more often. The TT bike is kept for specific training and Racing only in the majority of cases. They are expensive and are treasured more than road bikes due to their cost and little use. Second hand TT bikes are worth a look at. Fit wise you can try out multiple second hand bikes and brands that shops may not stock, take them for a good spin see how they feel. That’s more than a bike shop owner might let you do who may try sell their own brands.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/specialized-transition-comp-tt/5753339

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

emmk wrote: »
    Hi Podge83,

There are some safer purchases than others, bike wise second hand. Someone is the owner of an aggressive MT bike has been everywhere with it off road and down big hills built for purpose but ware and tare is accelerated. TT bike by nature are used very little. Their owners have at least one other bike that they ride more often. The TT bike is kept for specific training and Racing only in the majority of cases. They are expensive and are treasured more than road bikes due to their cost and little use. Second hand TT bikes are worth a look at. Fit wise you can try out multiple second hand bikes and brands that shops may not stock, take them for a good spin see how they feel. That’s more than a bike shop owner might let you do who may try sell their own brands.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/specialized-transition-comp-tt/5753339[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link - this already ruled out due to size

Advertisement