Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad 4 - repair help/advice

• 23-11-2013 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    My girlfriends ipad 4 has a blue line on her the screen. It just appeared one day and it wasn't dropped. The best way I can describe it is that it is like a blue highlighter was used underneath the glass. It's not a massive mark but it is noticeable when the screen gets dark. Anyway the ipad is under warranty but there is no technical support. Whats the best way of returning it. If I ring them to tell them the issue do I get charged for technical support or should I just set up a return on Apple.ie.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Set up a return on Apple.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hi all.
    My girlfriends ipad 4 has a blue line on her the screen. It just appeared one day and it wasn't dropped. The best way I can describe it is that it is like a blue highlighter was used underneath the glass. It's not a massive mark but it is noticeable when the screen gets dark. Anyway the ipad is under warranty but there is no technical support. Whats the best way of returning it. If I ring them to tell them the issue do I get charged for technical support or should I just set up a return on Apple.ie.
    Thanks

OP if you call them and say its a hardware fault they shouldnt charge. Normally the charge is for software and How-Tos. They will be able to set up a mail in repair for you.

Bit of advice before you ring them. back up the ipad and then wipe it back to factory settings. if issue persists then you knwo its hardware. it will save you doing it while calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

djdunny wrote: »
    OP if you call them and say its a hardware fault they shouldnt charge. Normally the charge is for software and How-Tos. They will be able to set up a mail in repair for you.

Bit of advice before you ring them. back up the ipad and then wipe it back to factory settings. if issue persists then you knwo its hardware. it will save you doing it while calling them.

Thanks Dj, I will give it a shot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks Dj, I will give it a shot.

Just organise it via the Apple.com/ie site, you don't need to speak to them at all.

Advertisement