Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare County Youth Centre

Options
  • 23-11-2013 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hey does anyone know if they are going ahead with the Youth centre on the site of the old Academy School in Kildare Town? I think it is a great idea but haven't heard much on it recently.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

The Council are still trying to secure funding as far as I know.

aodh_rua wrote: »
    The Council are still trying to secure funding as far as I know.

I had heard (just recently) that the council weren't going to give any cash toward it. I think that fund raising is the way they are going. I would like to see it go ahead. It is a nice space and would be great for the county. I was involved in the Culture Factory in Newbridge but unfortunately they couldn't find a premises.

I did hear that this isn't going ahead due to lack of funds which is a pity as it would have been great for the county. The space was fantastic. Very disheartening.

Advertisement