Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XtraVision refuse to Sell to Xbox Ones without purchase of an additional game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I queried/complained Friday to the NCA. Got a call back today. I was asked to email my pre order receipt.

The person I spoke to said there now investigating Xtra vision. Building a case against them. But that there are only a few official complaints. I mentioned what's happening on line. Which he replied they are aware of it.

He also said they got a call from a journalist, looking for comment off them, about the issue. There still unsure of the legality of it. So none was given. He said I would more then likely see it in the media soon.

If your directly effected and can prove it. You need to file an official complaint here http://www.consumerhelp.ie/contact-us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I just got an email from Xtra-Vision. No need to purchase anything upon collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I just got an email from Xtra-Vision. No need to purchase anything upon collection.

Might want to edit and remove your email account.

Might want to edit and remove your email account.

good call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd print that out with you on the day you go in, wouldn't be suprised if there is alot of mixed messages going on at the moment.

And people give me **** for buying most of my stuff, games, DVDs consoles and pc components from Amazon and abroad?

Utter farce, there is a MASSIVE market here for a dedicated gaming retailer that has competitive pricing and deploys high customer service( not creepy customer service from over zealous employees in some of the more niche gaming shops)

**** I'm being made redundant in the next while, might take a craic. It's not hard to please gamers ffs, so obviously easy to annoy them with stupid decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Mr Griffen is head of customer relations/complaints in the company as far as I'm aware and is amazing at his job so that email is a really positive sign.

Now the question is why is it different for sony and not Xbox.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd print that out with you on the day you go in, wouldn't be suprised if there is alot of mixed messages going on at the moment.

And people give me **** for buying most of my stuff, games, DVDs consoles and pc components from Amazon and abroad?

Utter farce, there is a MASSIVE market here for a dedicated gaming retailer that has competitive pricing and deploys high customer service( not creepy customer service from over zealous employees in some of the more niche gaming shops)

**** I'm being made redundant in the next while, might take a craic. It's not hard to please gamers ffs, so obviously easy to annoy them with stupid decisions

It's defo coming in with me.

How did the story break initially? I've heard it was on the XBone, but was it a case of some person not happy about no bundle so HAD to buy the game he was hoping for, or are there any actual cases of people being refused their consoles if not spending extra on a game? I was honestly taken by surprise with this story, because I can't believe they would get themselves into this sort of legal mess.

Kudos on getting your stuff Amazon and others. If it's cheaper after currency conversion and delivery, what's a few days waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Came out in the Xbox pre order thread, a few posters saying it happened to them and then it was confirmed by a poster who works in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Mr Griffen is head of customer relations/complaints in the company as far as I'm aware and is amazing at his job so that email is a really positive sign.

He probably has no control over this either and has to put up with a lot of crap, now his name and email address is all over boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It's called backtracking after a public backlash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Up their holes!

I will never be shopping in Xtra-vision again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Xtra-vision? short sighted more like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

TheDoc wrote: »
    might take a craic.
    Let me know if you do, i'll go in on it :P. Would love to see an Irish grown chain of dedicated gaming stores.
    what's a few days waiting?
    Few days, few months? Nobody has patience these days. :p Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

I will never be shopping in Xtra-vision again.
    I haven't set foot in an Xtra-Vision in years and thankfully they are heading for bankruptcy (again). Give it 5-10 years and they'll be gone. Good riddance.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Few days, few months? Nobody has patience these days. :p Let us know how you get on!

Will do. Id say it's now a case of backtracking as Pacing Mule says.

It has probably stopped me from using Xtra-vision again (Which is sad, as I am a big fan brick and mortar), but you can't be pulling this sort of stuff and expect to get away with it (especially in this day and connected world age)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Pity, for a while they had some really great pre-owned prices. Reasonably recent games for €25-30 when Gamestop etc were looking for closer to 50 sheets! I certainly won't be buying anything from them again on the back of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You have the best organised inbox I have ever seen

EDIT: What a great use of my 5000th post :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Was about to say the same :D

Myrddin wrote: »
    Was about to say the same :D

Haha, thanks. :p
    I may regret this next statement, but I am a bit anal :eek: when it comes to that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭weisses

Haha, thanks. :p
    I may regret this next statement, but I am a bit anal :eek: when it comes to that sort of stuff.

OT

Thanks for ruining my pick up line ............ ffs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I see they are running away with tails between their legs. I still would love this get out in to broader media.

I see they are running away with tails between their legs. I still would love this get out in to broader media.

Most definitely, especially the part where they tried to blame Sony for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Mankyspuds

A final nail in their coffin. Fúck them!!!. Feel sorry for the poor counter staff having to put up with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fair play everyone who made an official complaint and it's good to see XV are starting to reverse their stupid decision. Damage is done though, will never buy anything off them again

• sheehy83 wrote: »
    Fair play everyone who made an official complaint and it's good to see XV are starting to reverse their stupid decision. Damage is done though, will never buy anything off them again
    I may have missed something, have they reversed there decision in relation to the xbox one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I may have missed something, have they reversed there decision in relation to the xbox one?

It would be too late I think, pre orders usually have to be picked up within 48 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Trampas

Going to be on matt cooper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Matt Cooper said that he is going to be covering the Xtravision and Xbox fiasco on today's show (Today FM, 4:30 to 7).

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

It seems that they are now saying this wont be an issue with the PS4 launch, I spoke toy my local store and a number of people on the PS4 Pre Order thread have also and got similar responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Nah, just that it looks like they won't be doing it for the PS4 after some employees stated it would be. Interesting though if you can go and get a refund for a game they made you buy but doubt it.

Advertisement